Rant - Food for thought?

When you are doing that very precise airbrushing (with a wonderful H & S airbrush) do you use the quick fix adjustment knob or just use you finger on the trigger to control paint flow?

You have given some very polite and thoughtful responses. I commend you for that.

Thanks

Bob

11 minutes ago, Bob Beary said:

When you are doing that very precise airbrushing (with a wonderful H & S airbrush) do you use the quick fix adjustment knob or just use you finger on the trigger to control paint flow?

You have given some very polite and thoughtful responses. I commend you for that.

Thanks

Bob

Bob

No in don't use the fix adjustment knob at all

I try and control the trigger 

Thank you for the kind comment 

On 7/5/2018 at 3:22 PM, agelos2005 said:

hi guys

As some of you might have noticed, I posted a couple of my video builds in the Progress section of the forum.

Firstly I would like to say 'thank you' to all you guys for taking the time to watch my video

I know that many of you would prefer photos rather than video builds but personally I believe seen a video offers you more on the way someone applies a specific technique, using tools etc.

For those that don't like to watch videos, the answer is easy don't watch them! and dot 'tclick on the link! Easy!

ARC provides a platform for modellers to showcase their work using every media available, including video.

Also ARC provides a platform for non master-modellers to showcase their work to the contrary of someone's ideas and thoughts about it.

A lot of people make comments about other peoples work but we haven't seen any of their work either.....I wonder why :whistle: and to be told more or less that 'if the models are no to the same level of some of the master-modellers of the forum don't bother posting them'  is at least insulting and a sign of a bully!!!!

I know I don't post often as well...

if the moderators change the rules and not allow videos I will not post one again....until then I will be here and post my videos.

thank you and apologies for the rant!

I saw your Italeri 1/48 AC-130A Gunship video, keep them coming 👍 

Jesper

Interesting thread.    My preference is pics only.    Won’t look at WIP videos.   Pics give me the ability to study the subject in detail.  Also get to move through at my own pace.  Again, just my preference.    

4 hours ago, agelos2005 said:

Yes my videos have ads so potentially I will make money but this is not the reason I post it. I post it because I don't bother with photos of the progress any more. 

I posted this topic  in the general cause it is a general topic nothing to do with progress pic 

Ok, take the ads out since you are not trying to make money off of your videos that you post on ARC, that way no one can say you are posting the videos on ARC to up your hit count and thus up your revenue you get from the videos.

Yet you had not problem defending yourself down in your in progress thread, are there any other members who post in progress videos vice pics?

I think the best solution might be the posting of photos of your build with a reminder of your YouTube channel to get viewers to join your channel. That is the best solution. You can advertise all you wish on YouTube, post as many lengthy videos as you wish and so forth.

YouTube is for videos. I worry that we will see a swarm of others bringing their videos here as well. With a YouTube channel you can solicit sponsorship etc. I believe that is why Phil Flory eventually went to his own website, to have the freedom to do so (and charge a small fee for membership).

Edited by Mr Matt Foley

Agelos, I like your videos (but I agree that posting some photos in the threads and THEN linking to your vid. is the best idea).

I like watching build videos when I'm at the gym.

Thirty minutes on the stationary bike, or treadmill, or whatever, goes by much quicker when I get to watch somebody build a model. 

Seriously guys. If the prospect of boredom keeps you from going (and lets face it, the gym is boring AF!) then give build vids a try. 

and podcasts. Podcasts are great. But that's for another discussion thread.

RKic, that's a great idea. I've been doing this with podcasts for a long time. I also use podcasts when stuck in traffic - but I supposed watching build videos in traffic is maybe not the best idea🤣

Seriously though, I will be very disappointed if this forum stops people from posting build videos, especially when it comes to the quality of those posted by agelos2005. There is a guy who sometimes post build reviews who really swears a lot in his videos - now I can understand if his videos are not allowed on here. We also had a certain poster from Brazil who kept coming back with different aliases: He just collected random pictures from the internet and baited people to click on the links to visit his site - he added nothing and, once again, I completely understand why that is not allowed on here. But agelos2005 puts together some good videos that clearly take time and effort to make - probably much more than taking a few pictures and posting them here. You get to see some skillful assembly and painting, all nicely edited together and I have certainly already learn't a few new things from them. I have no problem if he makes a bit of money from those videos, and it is not even like we have to pay for them ourselves. Clearly I'm not the only one who feels this way.

1 hour ago, cag_200 said:

Too many forums..planes this, planes so, raised lines, recessed lines, ...

Best is to build your own website and store your pictures and/or video's there.

Yes, but unless you draw attention to your site via the forums and social media, nobody is going to know it is there and see it.

Agelos, I appreciate you posting your videos here on ARC. Please continue to post them in the future. I find them very valuable and enjoy watching them. I would be very upset if ARC created a policy of no posting videos, and would probably stop participating if they did. I don't care if you get ad revenue or not, or are/not using it to promote your commish business, as it's none of my business. If I don't want to see a video, I don't click on it, and that's a pretty simple solution for all those that don't want to see video's. 

I think videos add value to the forums as a learning and sharing tool. I've learned a lot from watching YouTube videos from building models to computer repair and doing DIY projects around the house. I would hate to think that we wouldn't want to support this kind of format posted in the forums.  While I'm not a video creator I respect those that do and the hard work that goes into it. This is jmho for what it's worth.

My original complaint was that you posted build videos in the "Display Case" forum. Those were more appropriately posted in the build progress forum. When I go to the Display Case or Critique Corner forums I am looking for pics of completed builds. If your video was a short 360 degree, top and bottom video it would have been more appropriate.

I do prefer pics over videos, but will watch videos at times, so don't mind them be posted in the appropriate forum.