Wolfpak Aug 2018 Release

Gentlemen,

Here are the two sheets of the August or OPMS Nats release for 2018 from Wolfpak Decals:

Sheet 72-118, Shamal.  First up is a Rafale C as used in the operations in the Mid-East last year.  This jet includes Scalp cruise missile mission marks.  A Desert Storm A-7E from VA-72 follows.  There are decals specific to the Airfix/Hobby Boss rudders.   The next jet took a bit of research and thanks goes out to the pilot for the markings on the Mirage Killer EF-111A.  A contemporary aggressor L-39 in desert camouflage breaks up all the grey jets on this sheet and is the 4th subject.   The F-16C that follows is in the markings of the 10th Air Force with a non-standard gunship grey tail as seen at a Hellenic Air Force meet in 2017.  Finally, options for one of two C-130J variants a HC-130J rescue tanker or a more subdues MC-130J Special ops transports.

Sheet 72-119, Bolt out of the Blue.  The first two subjects on the sheet are a T-33 and F-15A both from the 5th FIS with their stylized lightning bolt markings.   Next up a F-111A of the weapons squadron from the early days of the type with green undersides.  A WWII type, the F-61B, from the 68th FIS in 1948 follows.   The contemporary subject is a F-16C from the Ohio Air Guard in the new dark grey markings but with a bit of color on the tail.  Closing out this release is a Marine Corps. HH-46E from MCAS Cherry Point.

These sheets will retail for $18.50.

zsF7weQ.jpg

ieTayBW.jpg

Mark

17 minutes ago, habu2 said:

Cutting Edge covered that airframe on CED72048 but with different nose art. (Tazmanian Devil)

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/202576-cutting-edge-modelworks-ced72048-ef-111a-nose-art-special

While it is the same aircraft, it is a much less historically interesting option. The kill was eventually credited to a F-15 I believe, but for a while having an EF-111 with a kill marking, loads of mission markings and nose art is a pretty cool option.

Hoops

1 hour ago, Hoops said:

While it is the same aircraft, it is a much less historically interesting option. The kill was eventually credited to a F-15 I believe, but for a while having an EF-111 with a kill marking, loads of mission markings and nose art is a pretty cool option.

Hoops

Agreed, no competition on which set of markings are more interesting.

Regards,

Murph

Oooo I have a Monogram 1/72 EF-111 already painted just waiting for markings (the kit decals were completely shot). Now I know which markings I'll be getting.

Regards.

I'm with Murph..... I can't believe that it took this long to get decals of the Vark "Mirage Killer". Thank you Mark! Have you ever given any thought to doing decals for Chopper Popper, the first A-10 to make an aerial kill? Decals have been done for it in 48th and 32nd, but not 72nd. Plenty of references out there, so I'm surprised that it never got covered. Fred K.

8 hours ago, Jan_CZ said:

Dear colleagues

Being long time reader I decided to signup.

I've just bought EF-111A made by Italeri (originally ESCI/Ertl) to my father's birthday. Is the decal sheet with "Mirage Killer" option suitable for this model?

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/110014-italeri-1235-ef-111-a-raven

Thank you to all

There are no wraparound decals or ones sized to a surface like a rudder that might vary from kit to kit in that scheme, so you should be good to go.

Deke

Gentlemen,

The sheets are in, Website has been updated and the buttons are hot!  Additionally sheet 72-086, RAM Tough, the ram panels for the Academy 1/72 scale F-35A are back in stock.  Also I have a correction for the tail markings of the Ohio ANG F-16C on sheet 72-104 for those who ordered that sheet.  Just contact me and I'll send it out with your next order.

Regards,

Mark