1/48 Kitty Hawk UH-1H double build(El Salvador AF 1980s & U.S. Army in Vietnam)

Hello guys, been some days since i finished my Mike mode in 1/35, so im back with the Huey madness.

Ill be building two hueys at the same time. First will be a UH-1H from El Salvador Air Force tail 214 (66-16557) with all the Aircraft Survavility Equipment gear in the late 80s, early 90s. The second one will be UH-1H 68-15297 from the 92nd AHC in vietnam ca.1971. Ill be using some Werner Wings resin, Fireball resin, PE and decals, and some Eduard PE.

Hope to start this week so please be tuned.

Thanks to all.

Rod.

Edited by salvador001
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 12:49 AM, salvador001 said:

Been working on the pilot seats, they are all done. I did scratch the lateral armour plates and the springs. Hope you all enjoy.

Rod.

6QRNqVK.png

aRsVDd2.png

lw2J5CV.png

0XXrTYL.png

4Tk9GHE.png

Perfect!! Now that's Huey seats!!

Bo

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, i decided to leave the engine bay open so i must detail the engine as real as possible. Heres how it turned out. I added some wiring from different calibers, stretch sprue, styrene sheets, etc. Engine support rods were made with sprue cause the kit ones are just out of scale.

Hope you all enjoy.

Rod.

DHxRXPj.jpg

2WuDjs3.jpg

PLxwmXa.jpg

aZMMRt1.jpg

ezfBpwp.jpg

LFKMKgi.jpg

qsKRGf6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Heres some other update. 

I worked on the overhead panel, kit comes with no detail so i had to make something to detail that part, its not perfect but way better than how it comes.

I also modify the skid steps, kit ones are too bulky, i sanded down and cut to scale, upper one is the modified one, lower one is the original kit part. 

The chin bubbles were a PITA to install, they left some heavy gaps, i sanded down, filled, polished and cured with future on top.

Hope you all enjoy.

Rod.

DZOaTGU.jpg

R4NpFIm.jpg

tAlsaPG.jpg

g6vB7zj.jpg

746YlFP.jpg

LllKGmh.jpg

Thanks.

The cabin roof lights were made using Micro Kristal Klear, my technique was to glue a small circle using styrene sheet to create the base of the light, then i put a drop of kristal klear on top and finally painted gloss white.

Rod.

Edited by salvador001