The future of group builds?

For me, GBs in the summer don’t work. Too many outdoor activities take my available free time. 

I am looking forward to the Topgun GB. The one GB that I thoroughly enjoyed participating in was the Bad Boys. I like the RM GB suggestion. 

I hope these suggestions for GB take hold and bring back the participation they once had. I do like the suggestions about reducing the number to get a GB approved and moving the GB section to the top. 

Mike

I was going through my stash in anticipation of a home move coming later this year, and I've got more Revell/Monogram than I remember

AV-8A
A-26C

Su-25
F-84G
F-84F
F-106
F-5F
and the sublime 1/72 scale F-105

Right, I'll host a Revell/ Monogram . See if we can get our collective mojos back.

Say, normal 6 months.

Everything Revell/ Monogram.

Aftermarket is ok.

Lets say starting  August 1.( Mostly as I have 6, 12 shifts between now and then and a camping trip up north.)

Not giving out prizes unless someone wants to donate them.

Anyone wish to assist? If not I can do it myself. Hosting a GB is not hard. You just have to show up once in a while. (at least once or twice a week.)

Edited by phantom

I'm in with a Revell ship kit possibly two. Definitely the circa 1959 1/426 USS Arizona as she was fitted out sometime in 1938-1940 before Pearl Harbor (which is how the kit is OOB). If that goes off well then perhaps  either a Revell circa 1953 1/535 USS Missouri as she was seen sometime during her World War II service or a Monogram or Revell 1/720 aircraft carrier (no idea which one as I don't have any...yet :rolleyes:).  Builds will be straight OOB with the exception of drilled out portholes (for the Arizona), EZ-Line rigging, possibly aftermarket decals/flags, and a new display base.

Honestly, with the plethora of Monogram and Revell kits out there for aircraft/helos, ships, cars/trucks, space, Sci-Fi/movie monster, armor, figures...etc this GB should appeal to a large ARC audience.

Regards.

Been reading along with this thread in the hopes of getting the mojo started back up.   I really like the Revell Monogram theme.   Would rescuing and rebuilding a glue bomb be allowed?   I have a Monogram USS Halsey that is begging to be striped down and rebuilt.

Funny you should ask. I just looked. A couple Voodoos, A Phantom (of course) a Iroquois in 1/32,  Starfighter !/32, and Maybe a 1/32 Phantom E if I can find the right decals. But in between the first and second build I have to knock out a (Hasegawa) commission build that I want to take more time on. 

Nice. I was just reading the Monogram GB thread and it seemed August 1 was the start date. Now, should I participate or not? On the road 18 days per month, moving in November.... seems a little tight for me. 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

You have 6 months. Couple hours here, couple hours there........

Yeah man. Build something simple. The classic and still great Revell Bf-109G, or Mongram's T-6 or P-47, or the F-4C.

And even if you don't finish, who cares? Come start a project, share some pics, BS around with others on their threads. Just come have some fun.

Edited by RKic
10 hours ago, RKic said:

Yeah man. Build something simple. The classic and still great Revell Bf-109G, or Mongram's T-6 or P-47, or the F-4C.

And even if you don't finish, who cares? Come start a project, share some pics, BS around with others on their threads. Just come have some fun.

Exactly!

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:33 AM, phantom said:

Neo, lets just start the idea you tossed to the two of us. Crank it out for August 1. We can run it. Keep that TopGun on line (it sounds good) with the mod who volunteered.

Then crank up a vote for someone who wants to run a GB. Perhaps a couple guys step up, say I want "A Phantom GB" (who doesn't?) Guy 2 suggests "A Tamiya GB" Guy 3 suggests "Matchbox"

The vote happens, one wins. (obviously the Phantom) Start the GB the first of the next month. Then every month , we vote on whatever GBs people want to run. One a month. Of course you can re-submit every month. Most will win one day.

I mod'd the last Phantom GB, would be up to co-mod another one as well, Kurt has also put his name in the hat for this as well,  just don't have the time to solo mod.

So ... can you mods tell me the new Group Build rules?

I would like to start a GB for the 50th anniversary of 1st Moon Landing and would like it to start in February and end in July of 2019.

I'm participating in the current Revellogram GB and the wait was almost nil.

Are you all thinking of having a very short wait of a month or two? I would like to do the poll but don't want potential participants to lose their 'mojo' waiting for the start.

Have the decisions been made or are we waiting for the results of this current GB?

Thanx a lot!

Pete