RAF 100 years anniversary flypast

Gents,

Here's a selection of pics taken today at the RAF 100 years flypast. These were taken towards the start of the run in just South of Ipswich, Suffolk. It required pumping as many sources as possible to try and find the exact route this far North, and quite a bit of guess work. As it turned out the positioning was fine, although the blue skies the UK has had for the last couple of weeks unfortunately deserted us today.

Leading off, two Shadows.

IMG_9560.jpg

Two C-130Js.

IMG_9578.jpg

A400 Atlas

IMG_9602.jpg

C-17 and BAe 146. I had to smile when I saw the C-17 was ZZ172. If they're launched that one then they must have been getting desperate, as '172 tends to sit on the ground at Brize Norton for months at a time and rarely flies. It's also the airframe I had a flight on when the C-17 was first introduced to UK service in 2001.

IMG_9627.jpg

A330 Voyager.

IMG_9648.jpg

RAF RC-135, the second of the three that was delivered.

IMG_9663.jpg

RAF E-3 Sentry.

IMG_9679.jpg

100 Squadron Hawks.

IMG_9694.jpg

Hawk T2s.

IMG_9714.jpg

Tornado GR4s, probably their final ceremonial flypast over London and the palace. This formation consisted of over a third of the remaining airframes.

IMG_9754.jpg

And a type making it's first. Three of the four F-35B's currently in the UK.

IMG_9795.jpg

IMG_9761.jpg

The Typhoons were to make a aerial 100 from 22 airframes, not all would fit in the viewfinder, and at this stage the formation was still quite loose.

IMG_9828.jpg

IMG_9835.jpg

Finally, the Reds brought up the rear.

IMG_9867.jpg

IMG_9887.jpg

Gary