Started working on AMK's MiG-31 and I was wondering what's a good paint brand to match that color of blue.  It looks to me that the BM pit is a deeper blue than earlier 31's.

Thanks in advance!

There has been some shade differences in the classic cockpit color but basically, BM or non BM, the cockpit color is the same.

Personally i used the AKAN cockpit color (not at home so cant check 100% certain by most likely 73005). I added few drops of a vallejo blue color as it was way too green and too little blue for my taste. Here is the result;

5aKx0th.jpg

qQYQJAJ.jpg

On 7/12/2018 at 3:18 AM, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

Yes, all of them, and for the Mig-25...

Manuel...is it my imagination or does AKAN not come w/much paint in the bottle?

Edited by BoeingDriver
10 minutes ago, BoeingDriver said:

Manuel...is it my imagination or does AKAN not come w/a much paint in the bottle?

I'm not Manuel, but I thought I would chime in on this as I had the exact same concern over the apparent small quantity of paint in an AKAN bottle. What I have found is that the coverage properties of the paint are amazing. The pigment density is very high. I covered the whole bottom of the Su-33 I am working on with AKAN's Su-33 Pale Blue (I don't have the actual number handy) with less than half the bottle. I thinned it using Mr Color Leveling Thinner to the recommended amount (10-15%). Still plenty enough in the bottle to complete the camo scheme on the top of the aircraft. And I was so worried about the amount of paint that I bought three bottles of the stuff. Duh :doh:.

It may seem a small amount of paint, but it goes a long way. Kind of like those one coat coverage house paints they advertise on TV.

Manuel, hope you don't mind that I budded in.

5 hours ago, Mstor said:

I'm not Manuel, but I thought I would chime in on this as I had the exact same concern over the apparent small quantity of paint in an AKAN bottle. What I have found is that the coverage properties of the paint are amazing. The pigment density is very high. I covered the whole bottom of the Su-33 I am working on with AKAN's Su-33 Pale Blue (I don't have the actual number handy) with less than half the bottle. I thinned it using Mr Color Leveling Thinner to the recommended amount (10-15%). Still plenty enough in the bottle to complete the camo scheme on the top of the aircraft. And I was so worried about the amount of paint that I bought three bottles of the stuff. Duh :doh:.

It may seem a small amount of paint, but it goes a long way. Kind of like those one coat coverage house paints they advertise on TV.

Manuel, hope you don't mind that I budded in.

2 hours ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

Is enough Paint for one or maybe two models…
Greetings...
Pd. Don´t worry Mstor...

Thanks guys!  Much appreciated!

• 1 year later...

Some weeks ago I found out AK Interactive also has a Soviet cockpit colour in their line. Bought it, will try it soon. I also have AKAN's new (and possibly faded) versions of this colour. Interesting to see how they compare to each other.