Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
BoeingDriver

MiG-31 BM Cockpit

Recommended Posts

Started working on AMK's MiG-31 and I was wondering what's a good paint brand to match that color of blue.  It looks to me that the BM pit is a deeper blue than earlier 31's.

 

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There has been some shade differences in the classic cockpit color but basically, BM or non BM, the cockpit color is the same.

 

Personally i used the AKAN cockpit color (not at home so cant check 100% certain by most likely 73005). I added few drops of a vallejo blue color as it was way too green and too little blue for my taste. Here is the result;

 

5aKx0th.jpg

 

qQYQJAJ.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

Yes, all of them, and for the Mig-25...

 

Cool thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2018 at 3:18 AM, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

Yes, all of them, and for the Mig-25...

 

Manuel...is it my imagination or does AKAN not come w/much paint in the bottle?

Edited by BoeingDriver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BoeingDriver said:

 

Manuel...is it my imagination or does AKAN not come w/a much paint in the bottle?

 

I'm not Manuel, but I thought I would chime in on this as I had the exact same concern over the apparent small quantity of paint in an AKAN bottle. What I have found is that the coverage properties of the paint are amazing. The pigment density is very high. I covered the whole bottom of the Su-33 I am working on with AKAN's Su-33 Pale Blue (I don't have the actual number handy) with less than half the bottle. I thinned it using Mr Color Leveling Thinner to the recommended amount (10-15%). Still plenty enough in the bottle to complete the camo scheme on the top of the aircraft. And I was so worried about the amount of paint that I bought three bottles of the stuff. Duh :doh:.

It may seem a small amount of paint, but it goes a long way. Kind of like those one coat coverage house paints they advertise on TV.

 

Manuel, hope you don't mind that I budded in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BoeingDriver said:

 

Manuel...is it my imagination or does AKAN not come w/a much paint in the bottle?

Is enough Paint for one or maybe two models…
Greetings...
Pd. Don´t worry Mstor...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mstor said:

 

I'm not Manuel, but I thought I would chime in on this as I had the exact same concern over the apparent small quantity of paint in an AKAN bottle. What I have found is that the coverage properties of the paint are amazing. The pigment density is very high. I covered the whole bottom of the Su-33 I am working on with AKAN's Su-33 Pale Blue (I don't have the actual number handy) with less than half the bottle. I thinned it using Mr Color Leveling Thinner to the recommended amount (10-15%). Still plenty enough in the bottle to complete the camo scheme on the top of the aircraft. And I was so worried about the amount of paint that I bought three bottles of the stuff. Duh :doh:.

It may seem a small amount of paint, but it goes a long way. Kind of like those one coat coverage house paints they advertise on TV.

 

Manuel, hope you don't mind that I budded in.

 

2 hours ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

Is enough Paint for one or maybe two models…
Greetings...
Pd. Don´t worry Mstor...

 

Thanks guys!  Much appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...