1/35 U.S. Army UH-60 Blackhawk..Completed, official photos next..

Believe it or not even in a dessert environment hypothermia in a patient with shock is a killer.  Those little Mylar blankets are put on for a reason.

Being from the great white north it's a real challenge to keep people from becoming hypothermic.

Looks great so far. 👍

Chris

13 hours ago, Dadeo911 said:

Believe it or not even in a dessert environment hypothermia in a patient with shock is a killer.  Those little Mylar blankets are put on for a reason.

Being from the great white north it's a real challenge to keep people from becoming hypothermic.

Looks great so far. 👍

Chris

Good information Chris ..thanks brother. 

3 hours ago, CharlieUH-1H said:

trying to fix those doors

styrene, staples and paper clips

EKQMSJF.jpg

dvvyuBw.jpg

maps will be real middle east maps but in scale

ylpKyHR.jpg

V1fvvlY.jpg

For your decals application It would help to have a glossy finish first so you dont have the silvering effect.

1 hour ago, Rotorman said:

For your decals application It would help to have a glossy finish first so you dont have the silvering effect.

thanks for the information mr

ill work on that

Edited by CharlieUH-1H
  • CharlieUH-1H changed the title to 1/35 U.S. Army UH-60 Blackhawk (Iraq arround 2004)...Or trying..

Looking good so far.  Great job on the litter stacker and interior upgardes.  A couple questions thuogh.

Why have you put the rifles on the pilots' doors?  I have never seen them there and there are no mounts for them there.  I also don't think there is room for them to fit there, esp. on the left side since that is where the collective is.  It would be better if you followed the advice of the others in the thread you asked the question in.  Those are places they are actually stored.

Also, what you have made into a "carbine" isn't the same gun.  They were old M231 Firing Port Weapons that were only used on the original M2 Bradley.  They are very different than an M4 that is currently in use.  You can see the differences below.

M231 Firing Port Weapon

?q=60&url=https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com

M4 rifle

vk358m16d.jpg

Trumpeter makes a very cheap and good M4 set that would look much better. 

38016.jpgTRUM-00505.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty
3 hours ago, HeavyArty said:

Looking good so far.  Great job on the litter stacker and interior upgardes.  A couple questions thuogh.

Why have you put the rifles on the pilots' doors?  I have never seen them there and there are no mounts for them there.  I also don't think there is room for them to fit there, esp. on the left side since that is where the collective is.  It would be better if you followed the advice of the others in the thread you asked the question in.  Those are places they are actually stored.

Also, what you have made into a "carbine" isn't the same gun.  They were old M231 Firing Port Weapons that were only used on the original M2 Bradley.  They are very different than an M4 that is currently in use.  You can see the differences below.

M231 Firing Port Weapon

?q=60&url=https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com

M4 rifle

vk358m16d.jpg

Trumpeter makes a very cheap and good M4 set that would look much better. 

TRU00508_A_x.jpgTRUM-00505.jpg

Good information

Thanks Mr.

Thanks god! they are not glued yet.. was just testing...

:( sad that at the moment I cant buy stuff.. that is why I make all the stuff,, also is a therapy for me..

for how much those M4 sells?

thanks

• CharlieUH-1H changed the title to 1/35 U.S. Army UH-60 Blackhawk...Or trying..
  • CharlieUH-1H changed the title to 1/35 U.S. Army UH-60 Blackhawk..99.9% COMPLETE

99.9% Complete

added some weathering to the crosses and fuselage

I made the crosses but still have to add stencils and the "United States Army" to the tail.. and a tail number..

Ill probably get the Werner wings ones for this

gmv9zKn.jpg

VFr01d4.jpg

QjWWL2p.jpg

Edited by CharlieUH-1H
1 hour ago, rotorwash said:

Great work, Charlie!  I like how you salvaged the guns from your other build and made the M4s.  I think in 35th scale they look just fine.

Ray

Thanks my friend

even parts of the Kitty Hawk huey are there on the Rescue Hoist and central console....

Really nice work there Charlie, great looking dust off.

I especially like your hoist and the overall exterior colour, it looks like every picture I've seen of the work horse.

Well done sir.

14 hours ago, anvil6 said:

Dude, that looks really really nice! You put a lot of effort into this and the results are exemplary. It is very apparent that this is a labor of love. 

Awesome work!

-Ramon

Thanks my brother

8 hours ago, Wafu said:

Really nice work there Charlie, great looking dust off.

I especially like your hoist and the overall exterior colour, it looks like every picture I've seen of the work horse.

Well done sir.

Thanks sir 

1 hour ago, HeavyArty said:

It came out looking great.  Excellent job on it.  I would still swap out the weapons for actual M4s as they look weird to me, but if you are happy with them, more power to you.

Thanks man...

if someday I can get them probably I’ll do it..but like you said I am very happy with them been “made”

Edited by CharlieUH-1H
  • CharlieUH-1H changed the title to 1/35 U.S. Army UH-60 Blackhawk..Completed, official photos next..