Chinese J-7C/D (MiG-21) ejection seat question

My local hobby shop had a Trumpeter J-7C/J-7D kit on the half off shelf a couple of weeks ago and since I'm a sucker for MiG-21s I picked it up. Wikipedia suggest that at least some (at least five prototype J-7III) were fitted with a Chinese-built HTY-3 ejection seat as the original KM-1 seats "failed to impress." So far, I've only found this photo on this annoying web page and it doesn't look like it's based off of any popular seat I am familiar with.

1)  Does anyone know if this seat was used on the entire run of J-7C/Ds or just the J-7III prototypes?

2)  Is there a known way to achieve a HTY-3 seat via combinations of available seats or even an obscure manufacturer that has a HTY-3 in 1/48th?

Thanks for this information - I also found http://www.afwing.com/scwz/j-7-legend-part3_9.html?9 which covers a bit about why China had to develop their own seats (different body geometries). Currently trying to find cohesive color information for the cockpits. Appears to be based on the Soviet interior color but with more green.

The seat is basically a "legal" copy of the Russian SK seat with a bit of modernization. The basic seat pan is exactly the same as seen on the photo. Even the stupid designed leg restrain system is there. This is the so called "hard leg restraint" which was phased out in 1970's due to the serious accidents it caused! It was replaced with the KM-1 seats "soft restraint". 

The back is visibly redesigned where the typical canopy releas "arms" on sides/back of the seat are deleted. Taking the modern approach (mainly from Martin-Baker "legal" copies) the parachute pack has been relocated into the headrest. (In the original Russian SK seat the pilot was actually sitting on the parachute just like in WW2) So a new box like headrest was made, 2 pads on the back are added and the lines of the parachute comming down form the headrest.

So look for a 48th scale SK seat, add a headrest box, 2 pads on the back, some lines comming down and there you have it.

UMrjupT.jpg

Best regards

Gabor