10 hours ago, boom175 said:

Around 1985, when they went to depot to get the INS mod, is when they got the AIM-9 mod.

This might vary by unit. I was a weapons puke with the 18th TFS at Eielson AFB Alaska during the mid to late 80's, and during that time, I never saw a single Sidewinder, or Dual Rail Adapter, nor were we trained on them. I got out in 1987, and I'm sure that they got them afterwards, but not before for sure. HTH, Fred K.

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:54 AM, f5guy said:

This might vary by unit. I was a weapons puke with the 18th TFS at Eielson AFB Alaska during the mid to late 80's, and during that time, I never saw a single Sidewinder, or Dual Rail Adapter, nor were we trained on them. I got out in 1987, and I'm sure that they got them afterwards, but not before for sure. HTH, Fred K.

Hey Fred.   I was at Eielson Airplane Patch from '84 to '86!   We certainly shared some of that ice fog together!

Don

12 hours ago, Drifterdon said:

Hey Fred.   I was at Eielson Airplane Patch from '84 to '86!   We certainly shared some of that ice fog together!

Don

Hi Don,

Aaahhhhh yesss....... the infamous Eielson ice fog! Boy do I remember that! Can't say that I miss it either ;0) I was at Eielson from Sept. of 1985 until May of 1987. I remember being so happy the day that I drove off of that base for the last time heh heh. I also remember being glad when it was going to snow, because the temperature would only dip to around 0 degrees, instead of the normal -40 degrees! I swore that I'd never live anywhere that got that cold again, and to this day I've been true to my word. It gets cold here in Utah, but nothing like Eielson! Take care, Fred.