98th bg snow white B-24s n. africa: boots or no boots??

hi nice people!

very short:

i am building a snow white's group b-24, dopey.

i searched and searched but i'm just more confused: did the a/c have deicing boots or not?

and, if it had, was it on all leading edges or just tail?

thanks you all guys.

best ciaos, bobo.

It appears the "Dopey" in rhe linked photo is the third 98th BG aircraft to bear that name.  It didn't enter service until September, 1943..at least a month after the low-level Ploesti Raid.  The only photos I could find of the "Dopey" that flew in the raid were blurry shots of the nose art (the first "Dopey" was destroyed on the ground in June..either burned intentionally by enemy agents, or accidentally by maintenance workers.) 

All photos I can find of 98th BG "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" aircraft appear to show the de-icers on the wings and tailplanes,

SN

Edited by Steve N

dear greg and steve, thank you for your contribution.

actually, i must agree with steve as though i can't tell from a b/w pic an overexposed o.d. from an underexposed desert pink, for sure this dopey is from another a/c than the lybian one of the 98th.

at 98th, this nose art was done first on an a/c that was burned as steve says, and it was a slim dopey with a gothic font writing; the second had a bigger and better drawn dopey with the same writing.

so, i'm sorry for the pain you took getting all those links, greg, but' i'm aftraid that it's not the "right" dopey.

on the kits world decal instructions it seems to have only the tail boots, but i don't trust the instruction sheets from any brand: found in my long modeling career all too many imprecisions, improvisations and blatant mistakles.

anyway, if some further help won't come from our honorable society i believe that i will contact the kits world boss and ask him about his sources.

thank you very much to both of you for your kind attention.

best ciaos, and...happy modeling!

bobo.

Good call, Bobo.   It's always best to cross-reference as many sources of information as possible, and never just take the decal insructions gor granted.

SN