Revell Monogram Group build

Revell Monogram get your GB mojo back group build.  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Lets get our GB mojo back with a nice simple GB

• Yes, I would LOVE to do a nice simple GB
    • No, no way, I just come to lurk, I ain't building nothing.

Lets get our collective Group build mojo happening again. Vote yes or no. A nice simple Group Build using those simple Revell Monogram kits we all have in our stash. There is SO many possibilities, scales, eras. Add what after market you wish, don't add after market whatever.

Unlike other recent GBs we will aim to get this happening quickly, like August 1. Lasts 6 months. Prizes? Well sure if YOU want to donate and mail them out then thanks.

Build whatever you want. As long as you start with a reasonably fresh untouched kit. And of course show the photos as you build so we can all share, learn and enjoy. Kurt H and I will moderate.

*******Its been correctly pointed out that we were going to do a couple votes for possible GBs. Right here is the one that Kurt and I will moderate if it wins. If you want to moderate another GB to what you want, then set up a poll and be ready to moderate it*********

Edited by phantom

3 minutes ago, Thunderchief105 said:

I have a couple or three of the 1/48 scale bomber kits in the stash, sounds like a good excuse as any to maybe build one.

I definitely want to build the F-84F in camo.

I have had a monogram b-17 in my stash for almost 20 years, I have never built one, and it seems like something everyone should do at least once. This seems like as good a reason as any.

4 minutes ago, Kurt H. said:

I have had a monogram b-17 in my stash for almost 20 years, I have never built one, and it seems like something everyone should do at least once. This seems like as good a reason as any.

I'm thinking either the B-17G or the B-24D from my stash, might have to flip a coin on this one.

Edited by Thunderchief105

I'm in with the 1/32 UH-1.  Obviously OOB since there is no aftermarket.  May try to scratch build some small stuff, but just gonna go pretty basic with it since this is my first GB.

47 minutes ago, Kurt H. said:

I'd also like to build mine, but the decals are shot. Want to go halvzies on an aftermarket sheet? 

Edited by RKic
16 minutes ago, RKic said:

I'd also like to build mine, but the decals are shot. Want to go halvzies on an aftermarket sheet? 

I think my decals will be ok, they are the superthick glossy monogram decals of the 80s. Are there any Aftermarket sheets for the F-84F?

Been wanting to do an 1/48 F-14A Ghost Riders,the original mold before they modified it.

I'm in as soon as I can find out which box to look for on evil bay. I believe it should say

Monogram and NOT Revell on the box.---John

Edited by john53
40 minutes ago, john53 said:

Been wanting to do an 1/48 F-14A Ghost Riders,the original mold before they modified it.

I'm in as soon as I can find out which box to look for on evil bay. I believe it should say

Monogram and NOT Revell on the box.---John

You need the orange box. Don't get a blue box. 

Wow did not know there was a difference between the boxes. I only have orange boxes but what is the issue with the blue boxes? Still says Monogram right?

Edited by skyhawk174
55 minutes ago, skyhawk174 said:

Wow did not know there was a difference between the boxes. I only have orange boxes but what is the issue with the blue boxes? Still says Monogram right?

Read this article from an earlier ARC discussion on this subject.---John

Edited by john53
4 hours ago, Whiskey said:

As I just noticed this I would like to give a shout to our awesome admins who gratefully moved the group builds section up the ladder in the forum. Thanks guys!

Your welcome.

6 hours ago, Whiskey said:

As I just noticed this I would like to give a shout to our awesome admins who gratefully moved the group builds section up the ladder in the forum. Thanks guys!

Ditto! Well done :clap2:!

Regarding the 1/48 F-84F decals...

Super Scale did a couple natural metal sheets:

Related image

Image result for 1/48 F-84F decals

Image result for 1/48 F-84F decalsï

DACO did a Belgian sheet:

Related image

Peddinghaus dd a German sheet:

Warbird Decals did a Thunderbirds sheet:

That's all I could find fellas. There's bound to be more. I couldn't find any USAF camouflage schemes though sorry.

Good choice of kit though!

Regards.

Haven’t completed a kit in decades and I’m hoping to get back into the hobby. I’ve never done a group build and I’m sure mine will look super simple compared to all the stuff I usually see, but thanks for the motivation. I’ll be starting the Revell 1:72 A-1E. If all goes well I’ll try to make it look like the one my dad was shot down in over Loas in 1969. He was picked up by Air America, so someday I’d like to do a Bell in A.A. scheme as well.

58CE4718-2428-4E11-9410-CEC817C3C521.jpeg

3 hours ago, Don said:

That's all I could find fellas. There's bound to be more. I couldn't find any USAF camouflage schemes though sorry.

A few years ago I looked into it after seeing the F-84F at the USAF museum. I did not even find the Decals you found, except the Thunderbirds.  It really looks cool in SEA camo.  Even if the decals shatter in the water, there are so few markings I would really just need numbers and the ANG logo.  I built this kit rather poorly when I was in 9th grade, and I do not remember much about building it except I seem to remember it fit together fairly well.  I think it was so long ago where my dad still did the airbrushing, I was not old enough to airbrush  by myself in his opinion. 🤣