Revell Monogram Group build

Revell Monogram get your GB mojo back group build.  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Lets get our GB mojo back with a nice simple GB

• Yes, I would LOVE to do a nice simple GB
    • No, no way, I just come to lurk, I ain't building nothing.

Looks like this GB idea has the votes almost for even our old plans. Now, I just hope everyone who said yes, will still play.

Right now, apart from two commission builds I have to do I want to do (most) of the following

1/48 CF-101 Voodoo Maybe X2

1/48 CC-129 Taget towing Dakota.

1/48 F-4C Phantom (of course)

1/32 CH-118 Iroquois (Huey)

1/32 CF-104 Starfighter

1/32 F-4E Phantom

Won't get them all, but I will do some.

2 minutes ago, RKic said:

I keep getting internal server errors when I try to start my thread.

I was able to post a thread, but I Am a mod in the build so that may be a factor.  Try again in a few minutes? maybe if somone else wants to try as a trouble shooting step as well. 

Don't need to wait. We started last night. Come on over.

Kurt might have a point. I was able to post too........Well if you can not post take photos to show your work and load them up when the thread works.

7 hours ago, DrGlueblob said:

Digging my Snark kit out today. I think the decals are still good.

Or maybe the Aerobee Hi..

Waiting for August.

Don't wait. This one got fast-tracked and is already on.

32 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Here's a thought, would a RoG kit count?

I think it would depend on the history of the kit. Many of Revell Germany kits may be Hasegawa or other manufacturers. If it is a Monogram original I think that would work right?

3 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

I think it would depend on the history of the kit. Many of Revell Germany kits may be Hasegawa or other manufacturers. If it is a Monogram original I think that would work right?

So no 1/72 Revell F9F-5 Panther as it is Matchbox, right? One of my favorites

but understandable.---John

Since the point of this GB is to memorialize the releases of the recently defunct American Revell/Revell-Monogram, please make sure that whatever you build was originally tooled by Revell USA or mongram.

2 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

This will be fun. I'm in. I don't know what with yet, but I'm in with something!

Tomcat. No need to beat around the bush Darren, it's another Tomcat.😎

It is interesting that there is so much interest in Monogram recently and I attribute that to the whole Revell folding thing. Anyway a few months ago I joined a Monogram FB group. When I joined it was around 6K members. Now a few months later it is over 8K. Wow who would have thought. Lots of neat stuff there with people showing their builds of Monogram and Revell models. Bob Johnson, who worked at Monogram is also a member and he posts interesting tidbits on how things were done back in the day. There are even posts of models that I never knew Monogram produced and that in itself is wonderful. Lots of history.

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:17 AM, phantom said:

Lets get our collective Group build mojo happening again. Vote yes or no. A nice simple Group Build using those simple Revell Monogram kits we all have in our stash. There is SO many possibilities, scales, eras. Add what after market you wish, don't add after market whatever.

Unlike other recent GBs we will aim to get this happening quickly, like August 1. Lasts 6 months. Prizes? Well sure if YOU want to donate and mail them out then thanks.

Build whatever you want. As long as you start with a reasonably fresh untouched kit. And of course show the photos as you build so we can all share, learn and enjoy. Kurt H and I will moderate.

*******Its been correctly pointed out that we were going to do a couple votes for possible GBs. Right here is the one that Kurt and I will moderate if it wins. If you want to moderate another GB to what you want, then set up a poll and be ready to moderate it*********

You know me, I always offer SprueBro prizes in GB's I participate in!

2 hours ago, bashace said:

You know me, I always offer SprueBro prizes in GB's I participate in!

That would be awesome if your so inclined! Thank you.