Monogram 1/48 F-84F Thunderstreak

On 10/11/2018 at 3:47 AM, Kurt H. said:

2v2JMwkN5x9awpY.jpg

This close up really shows off that black base technique ... and it looks really good!

And you've demonstrated another weathering technique to try!

This build was a terrific effort Kurt H. ... and an excellent result!

Thanx a lot!

Pete

I posted the "beauty shots" in the completed models thread.

First of all I would like to thank everyone for the suggestions and encouragement.   I am happy with the finished model. I ran into issues, but I did not let the model get away from me and mess it up at the end.  Were I to do  it over again, I would have been more careful with the wing to fuselage joint. I spent a lot of time messing with it, and ended up messing up a lot of the raised detail.  The other fit challenge was the clear parts. They  required quite a bit of work to blend into the fuselage.  I think the detail on this kit stands up to contemporary standards, things like the wheels, undercarriage, and cockpit rival the detail of modern kits. It really only falls short with the raised panel lines.

Hopefully it is a fitting tribute to the Monogram I knew growing up.  I remember seeing Monogram kits at toys r us, and at the toy stores in the mall, like KB toys. I loved the paintings on box tops, and the pictures on the side of the box were inspirational,  they gave me inspiration to build the model well enough to look like the pictures.  Time moves on, but I will always love Monogram kits.