I've been waiting a long time to build this project, now is the best time if any to get her started. Unless I find something I just can't live with, the kit will be OOB with the exception of the Hi Decals Philippine Air Force markings.

KBL3g8C.jpg

1 hour ago, Dafixer said:

That is a great kit. I built a later boxing and really enjoyed it!

I've started on the assemblies I could prebuild that wouldn't require painting first, the plastic and fit is great, I am really enjoying it so far!:thumbsup2:

General preassembly done, trying to stay as far from AMSing  as possible, can now focus on assembly cleanup and primer. The plastic in the kit works very well with Tamiya Extra Thin Cement. Had to drill out the holes for mounting wing tanks before assembling the wing.

o0u52iW.jpg

The only tricky area in the assembly process is attaching the instrument panel to the cockpit tub, I used the trusty Blu-Tac third hand technique to hold it in place so I could adjust it accordingly with the tub temporarily installed in the fuselage.

m9OjOxe.jpg

22 hours ago, airmechaja said:

It's a really nice kit to build. You'll breeze through it. 

So far I'm really liking it! Cannot believe I waited this long to build one of these.

Edited by bashace

To the paint shop for the cockpit parts, instructions called for Dark Gull Gray, but I think the Dark Ghost Grey will suffice.

UouacNN.jpg

Edited by bashace

Man! You're fast! 

I noticed you using the Tamiya basic putty. I'm looking for an alternative to the Bondo I currently use. I used to use Tamiya white. It was good, but tricky to use because it was so sticky. 

How is this stuff? 

7 hours ago, RKic said:

Man! You're fast! 

I noticed you using the Tamiya basic putty. I'm looking for an alternative to the Bondo I currently use. I used to use Tamiya white. It was good, but tricky to use because it was so sticky. 

How is this stuff? 

It's all the kit for speed of assembly, low parts count with excellent fit, not spending any time fitting pieces. The Tamiya Basic Putty is easy to apply and wet sands nicely, I've tried all the rest and still prefer it.

12 hours ago, Kurt H. said:

It is nice when the airframe assembly goes so smoothly.  It does not look like you have much sanding ahead of you.

The parts fit is almost exceptional, I will add a couple more of these kits to my stash in case I need a confidence build down the road, or to be an easy GB subject :thumbsup:

Gotta love Tamiya Bare Metal Silver spray, silver is also great at showing what areas still need a bit of work.

(I spayed it outside, just holding it while it dries inside)

ECdoLGS.jpg