4 hours ago, RKic said:

How does the Qatari summer heat impact spraying?

I shoot at night when its down to 100F, the higher temp and wind make it impossible during the day. I don't have my spray booth here, so anything with vapors must be sprayed outside.

The great thing about using silver as a primer is 1. it's a light pigment, and 2. it show's everything good or bad about the surface of the model! There were only a few areas that jumped out at me as something I couldn't overlook, took care of those with some spot patching with Mr Surfacer 500, should be an easy wet sand cleanup after it dries.

FpfP5jE.jpg

Wet sanding complete, shot her with Ammo by Mig Metallic Silver, even though it's an Acrylic, need to give these metallics a good 6 hours to dry before messing with it.

JWhdtTB.jpg

2 hours ago, bashace said:

Ugh!!! Still waiting for the Silver to not be a bit tacky.

That is tough, But be patient, you do not want to put a finger print in the paint or mess up the paint while masking at this point.  I know the feeling, I had a model I painted silver take a month before I could really handle it. 😩

26 minutes ago, Kurt H. said:

That is tough, But be patient, you do not want to put a finger print in the paint or mess up the paint while masking at this point.  I know the feeling, I had a model I painted silver take a month before I could really handle it. 😩

A month! Maybe another day and it won't be tacky, gives me a little time to crack open the next project:yahoo:

It's quite strange, the airframe is still a hair on the tacky side, but the other components (leading edge slats, airbrakes, etc) that were painted with the same process dried days ago.

Back on the Saber Dog! Paint still a little weird, using rubber gloves just in case. Shot some Radome Tan over the nose, removing the masking had no effect on the paint, think we're good to go!

pBY1GWp.jpg

Been struggling with this Corroguard issue, I mixed metallic steel (80%), light grey (20%), and a few drops of white together hoping to get some sort of match for this coating. After a couple of days fighting with it I just accepted what I came up with and shot it. It may have to change as I see more of it on the airframe...

jThnfV4.jpg

A little trick I use for those pesky masking issues, if you brush the masking over the tape when applying, it will easily pull the dried liquid mask off with it when removed.

PnupDp0.jpg

KeCStvl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...