Hi! Could anybody please confirm if the anti-glare section in front of the windshield and some covering the entire windshield is indeed black and not dark green, because one manufacturer suggested dark green and a few, just a few pictures on the net did look greenish. Thanks in advance!

Every photo I have that shows the anti-glare panel is definitely black in color. I have never seen a dark green one. Doesn't prove a dark green one doesn't exist, but in my mind the preponderance of data says that the panel is black and only black.

2 hours ago, kotey said:

Initial were  Black antiglare, since 2011 - Dark Grey\Green

Wow, that certainly doesn't look greenish at all to me, but maybe its just my eyes (they're getting old), but your the expert, so I guess I put my foot in my mouth again. I should know better than to make assumptions based on photos. Oh well...  :doh:

So, what's a good color match paint?

5 minutes ago, kotey said:

How is this photo? Greenish?

Yep, greenish. To my eyes, very slightly. Almost looks more like a faded black, but yea, it does have a greenish tint to it. I ain't going to argue with you Andrey. You know your stuff. Thanks for getting us the correct info. :worship::thumbsup2:

I actually stumbled on what looks, to me, like a perfect match. Floquil Railroad Colors Brunswick Green. Its an almost black, green. Very dark. Of course, Floquil colors are hard to come by these days, but some of you may have some sitting around gathering dust like mine are.

All of the Schwartzgruns I have look too light to me, but its up to the individual to make the determination. The Brunswick Green I mentioned is darker than any of my Schwartzgruns (I have Testors, Aeromaster and Colourcoats).

2 hours ago, kotey said:

Oh these terrible Russians - will make anything to complicate life to the western modellers.

Oh now don't go singling out the Russians. We here in the US of A have plenty of color problems of our own. Just ask which "Gull Grey" to use on a 50's naval aircraft and wait for the fireworks to fly. Then there are the Germans in WWII who obviously planned the numerous color controversies for their armor and aircraft that we experience today. I think there is a vast conspiracy designed solely to frustrated the honest efforts of upstanding modelers everywhere! :suspicious: 

6 minutes ago, 757flyer said:

And that's not even mentioning the fact that the area is free-hand sprayed and not sharply masked....  

That's it, I can't stands it no more... :hangingsmiley: