This bit of F-106 trivia might be enjoyable, https://www.f-106deltadart.com/580787cornfieldbomber.htm

The Story

That day started with a slightly non-routine 71st FIS three-ship training flight out of Malmstrom AFB into clear but frigid Montana skies. It was originally scheduled as a two-on-two air combat maneuvering session, but the fourth ship had to abort when its drag chute popped on the ramp, so mission changed to a two-versus-one session.
Radar vectored, two of the F-106s turned head-to-head toward the third from 20 miles away. When they passed each other at speed the fight was on. Instructor pilot Captain Tom Curtis, in the solo aggressor slot, described it. 

Thanks for the site link. I will be reading it as soon as I get time. Very interesting. :cheers:

3 hours ago, Thunderchief105 said:

Growing up the family was stationed at K.I. Sawyer in Michigan, got to see the 87th Bulls up close at the open house air shows. Still one of my favourite aircraft just behind the 105.

Worked on 105's in the USAF but never saw 106's.

I got the tub, I.P. and seat done. there's pretty good detail but I think when it's trapped in the fuselage halves, not much is going to be seen. The I.P. actually gets attached to the fuselage so that's why I don't have it attached to the tub. :OMG-OMG:

DSCF0003.jpg

21 hours ago, airmechaja said:

This is going to be a very eclectic GB you got going Phantom & Kurt. 

Yes, it is really shaping up that way, and the level of participation is  beyond my wildest expectations.

A decal was with this boxing. I'm glad it was because it proved I don't want to use the decals because they don't want to release from the sheet. I had to use boiling water & copious amounts of micro set. 

Yeah I think participation will pick up even more because of the nostalgia factor. 

Ah memories. The first time I built one of these, it didn't come with the IP decals. If I recall, this was the model that I learned about dry-brushing instruments on. I felt like I broke through some kind of modeling wall when I whisked the brush and suddenly all these instruments began to pop out. 
Sure it wasn't realistic, but I was maybe 13, and it looked COOL!!  :)

They never seem to take into account how much decal gets wrapped around and pushed in and micro solled.

The bottom of this IP won't be seen much because of the configuration of the cockpit. :clap2:

Edited by airmechaja
More info

The only thing I can can think of with the IP would be to try Solvaset from Walthers, it is pretty aggressive and it would almost stretch the decal into the instrument. It worked for me on some Fujimi console decals in a 1/72 cockpit which did not respond to microsol.

I used the Solvaset on the last 6 I built and it did stretch more.  I'll have to see if I still have a photo.

How did your fuselage and nose cone line up?  I remember the right and left sections needing to be shimmed out.

Edited by Spectre711