Tamiya 1/48 F-14 A Tomcat

My last completed build, the Tamiya F-14A Tomcat - simply a nearly perfect kit.

Built nearly OOB

Paints Mr Color Lacquer

Primer AK Gray Primer and Micofiller

Decals: Furball

Mr Color Semi Clear Gloss for the finish

xAH7MH.jpg

OzzL3a.jpg

wXxocH.jpg

5rJnO0.jpg

cLKyTi.jpg

Au1xcS.jpg

Thank you for stopping by

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Hey Bro,

Great to have you back on ARC. 

Just love your Tamiya 1/48 scale F-14A. Simply an outstanding build and finish for sure.  Even with the detailed cockpit, I really like  how the Big Cat looks with the  canopy down.   Looking forward to following your next build.

Joel

JA

Much appreciated. The Big Cat from Tamiya has to be one of the best kits I've even built and s you know my introduction to Mr Color lacquers.

Next and now underway: The Eduard 1/48 Harrier GR9

Bro

Beautiful job Peter, she looks awesome.

Just a FYI, in your 4th photo,  your underside,  port side,  wing glove light is missing.

Steve

"TOMCATS FOREVER, BABY...!"

Thanks Steve

Much appreciated and Eagles Eyes for sure.  I really jumped the gun a bit as I still have a few bits and details to add including the port side glove light, the AM ejections seats which are now done and a few more data stencils to really be done.

Peter

Wow Peter, I just love that retro look to your Cat.  The engines are particularly well done and realistic looking, just like the rest of the model.  Just beautiful!

ARC Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3

Thanks Chuck

So very much appreciated. Just a fun and relaxing build and of course a learning tool on sing Mr Color Lacquers - my now go to paint.

BTW, love the saying below name - has great meaning for us.

Peter

48 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Thanks Chuck

So very much appreciated. Just a fun and relaxing build and of course a learning tool on sing Mr Color Lacquers - my now go to paint.

BTW, love the saying below name - has great meaning for us.

Peter

Bro,

You do know that you can change the saying under your name.  I'm "Old & Slow". No truer words were ever spoken in regards to me and my building style.

Joel

Lovely build there Peter!

Just keeping the lines of communication open as I am still planning on visiting you next year when I stay on Long Is with my family.  And Joel too if he is nearby.

I REALLY will miss you over at LSP, but nice to keep in touch here

BTW, that Tomcat really does look awesome mate!

Edited by Anthony in NZ
36 minutes ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Lovely build there Peter!

Just keeping the lines of communication open as I am still planning on visiting you next year when I stay on Long Is with my family.  And Joel too if he is nearby.

I REALLY will miss you over at LSP, but nice to keep in touch here

BTW, that Tomcat really does look awesome mate!

Anthony,

I'm really close by Pete, like maybe 20 min top. 

Joel

Beautiful work, Peter!  By the way I was watching The Final Countdown the other night for the umptienth time.    I couldn't keep down my excitement everytime the F-14s roar over the boat and Sen. Chapman and his mates exclaim their amazement at the strange machines.   I feel proud knowing what they are everytime that scene plays : )   Strange what feelings these planes evoke.   I'm really envious of the guys who have seen, worked on and flown these beautiful aircraft.

crackerjazz

Much appreciated and feel the same way when I watch both the Final Countdown and Top Gun. Growing up on Long Island,there is a just a bit more feeling about both Grumman and Republic aircraft as the factories back in the day were maybe only 20 minutes from the house.

I pass by the Grumman Memorial Park two or three times a month and on display are a F-14A Tomcat and a E-6E Tram - talk about inspiration

Peter :thumbsup: