ARC Discussion Forums
zaxos345

1/48 Accurate Miniatures A-36 Apache ''Piggy III''

On 9/18/2018 at 9:13 PM, Joel_W said:

Outstanding progress for sure. 

You camo paint scheme and chipping really looks quite good. if you're worried about the brightness of the Aluminum, the weathering will knock that down quite a bit. 

Joel

Thanks Joel!!!!

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:57 PM, zaxos345 said:

so far so good i think.

More than good I think, it’s all coming together very nicely indeed.  :thumbsup:

The eyes are immediately drawn to the unusual ‘staggered’ yellow band on the port wing, but I see you’ve picked up on this detail from the B&W photos. Is this peculiar to this squadron or pilot do you know?

John.

5 hours ago, John Wolstenholme said:

Is this peculiar to this squadron or pilot do you know?

Good evening John, I think that sometime they changed the flap of the port wing and put one from another aircraft, that is why the yellow band on the flap is offset!! 

John

Good morning gents, a little progress with ''Piggy III''...
I painted the white line on the vertical stabilizer as well as the ''P'' on both sides trying to replicate the brush leftovers.

b5z5BdXl.jpg
vZwKXjHl.jpg
avertrvl.jpg
5TTH6E1l.jpg

In this image you can notice some small maps i added in the cockpit and in the map case and a small family picture on the instruments panel...

qHJa3nol.jpg
Lsjn1Fal.jpg
ip4dnUJl.jpg

Gloss varnish, my trusty Tamiya X-22, decals, and gloss varnish again to seal everything. The detail decals are from montex, absolutely beautiful and extremely thin ones, and the insignia from fundekals, also top notch quality from cartograph!! I also assembled the spinner with the propeller, it isn't glued yet, only there for the photoes...

OveWL1tl.jpg
EMlw9DIl.jpg
w4kEQvbl.jpg
hRzTqNAl.jpg

Nest step, wash, seal everything with semi gloss varnish, color modulation with oils and general weathering...
Thanks for watching,

John

the decaling is absolutely perfect. Super impressive. And every picture of the pit shows more and more details. Just can't get much better then this.

Joel