GB Anniversary Ideas, Apollo 11 and D-Day

Next summer are two major anniversaries, the 50th anniversary of the moon landing, and the 75th anniversary of the invasion of Normandy.     I'm curious how much interest there would be in GB for either or both of those subjects. 

I would be interested in a D-Day build. I think. It is hard to say what I'll want to be doing a year from now. 

This November is the 100 year anniversary of the end of WW I. If you're interested in having a memorial build, I suggest proposing that, and having it this fall. 

I had placed a poll for the 50th of the Moon Landing GB a couple months ago, but the Group Build rules are changing and I'll put up a poll for that when I hear the needed advance wait between poll results and GB start.

There will probably be way-y-y more interest in the D-Day GB so if you wanna run that one, that'll keep ya plenty busy!  

But I'll wait till I hear from the mods re: the New GB rules.

Thanx Bill and nspreitler!

Pete

An apollo 11 50th Anniversary GB sounds good. I have the latest re-issue of the monogram Saturn V which was re-issued for the 40th anniversary. Time flies when a model is in your stash. Before it was re-issued I tracked down an original issue of the kit, at that time I became fascinated with the Apollo progam.  I also have the Estes Saturn V, a flying model rocket that has been on my "when I get a round to it" list since 2010. It has vacuform parts...

For the Normandy Idea, did you have any ideas regarding the scope of the build? A very interesting amount of subjects are available if you include Ships, armour, aircraft, figures.

3 hours ago, Kurt H. said:

An apollo 11 50th Anniversary GB sounds good. I have the latest re-issue of the monogram Saturn V which was re-issued for the 40th anniversary.

Check the decal sheet, one of the later releases had all the "red" markings (USA on 1st stage and UNITED STATES on 2nd stage) printed in black.