37 minutes ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

Excellent!! 

Fightertown Decals?;)

brian 

But of course! They were fantastic. Now to build some more and use the rest of the sheet. There are some nice options on there.

Very good build.  The Super Hornet just doesn't look right with flaps up on the ground.  For that reason I was never too wild about the Revell kit, even though I have a bunch in my stash.  The dropped flaps really enhance the kit.  I saw the preview of your dropped flaps set on Hyperscale.   Any idea when Sprue Brothers might have them in stock?  You"ll bring new life to the Revell Super Hornet I have in my stash.

51 minutes ago, okthree said:

Very good build.  The Super Hornet just doesn't look right with flaps up on the ground.  For that reason I was never too wild about the Revell kit, even though I have a bunch in my stash.  The dropped flaps really enhance the kit.  I saw the preview of your dropped flaps set on Hyperscale.   Any idea when Sprue Brothers might have them in stock?  You"ll bring new life to the Revell Super Hornet I have in my stash.

I took them up yesterday, so they should be in the system by the end of the week, maybe the beginning of next week depending on how busy they are.

49 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

I took them up yesterday, so they should be in the system by the end of the week, maybe the beginning of next week depending on how busy they are.

Great. I’ll order them when they list them along with another Tamiya F-14D. 

Darren,

You're just crank'in them out one after another. That alone is amazing to a Slow & Old builder like me. Yet the finished builds are excellent to say the least, and your F-18E is no exception that that statement. 

Joel

Darren, that looks fantastic - do you have any tips on building the R/M Superbug like you do for the F-14?  I tried one many moons ago and the intakes were a disaster, both inside an out, among other problems....

TIA!

9 hours ago, Nate said:

Darren, that looks fantastic - do you have any tips on building the R/M Superbug like you do for the F-14?  I tried one many moons ago and the intakes were a disaster, both inside an out, among other problems....

TIA!

Darren,

I've started an -E and struggled with the intakes too. have the -F in the stash, but I'd love to hear how you handled the nose! When I got around to assembling the nose on my -E, I  tended up with a noticeable depression on both sides below the LEX and cockpit where the two halves go together. I didn't notice the same "rut" on the -Es you've built. I'd love to know how you did it. Your R/M Superbugs look amazing!

Thanks!

-O

Thanks for the kind words. In regards to the build, I've learned the best way to handle the fuselage is to not glue the nose halves together. Instead, glue each half to the fuselage instead. That way you can have some control over the seam in front of the intake. For the intakes, Tamiya Extra Thin cement is the way to go. You can line up the parts and run the glue down the seam. It sets up very quickly and you can get everything lined up. Oh, and use intake covers. 😊 Actually, they aren't necessary. You can get the intakes to look decent using the paint dump method, which is essentially dumping a whole bunch of white paint down the intake before you put it in the fuselage.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:21 AM, Darren Roberts said:

Thanks for the kind words. In regards to the build, I've learned the best way to handle the fuselage is to not glue the nose halves together. Instead, glue each half to the fuselage instead. That way you can have some control over the seam in front of the intake. For the intakes, Tamiya Extra Thin cement is the way to go. You can line up the parts and run the glue down the seam. It sets up very quickly and you can get everything lined up. Oh, and use intake covers. 😊 Actually, they aren't necessary. You can get the intakes to look decent using the paint dump method, which is essentially dumping a whole bunch of white paint down the intake before you put it in the fuselage.

That's interesting....I'll try that.