Suffering from yellow fever, found a cure

I have accumulated a few  pre war aircraft but had not built any due to the biplane configuration and rigging.  I had tried to build the Classic Airframes F4B-4 a few years ago and it didn't go well because I had not considered the difficulty of doing the rigging in advance.  I just followed the instructions (what are those).  Fast forward a few years and I have figured out that you have to plan the rigging in advance.  I have purchased many of Yellow Wing decals to get a lot of different markings options and a lot of yellow paint.  I tried not to duplicate any color scheme and that is where the Yellow Wing decals came in handy.  I started out with an easy kit, the Accurate Miniatures F3F-2. 

tKlMSPH.jpgIxa8OCR.jpgCrNmIVF.jpgGl3MyCa.jpg

Attack Squadron F2F  Very nice resin kit of an overlooked airplane.  Same quality as the Accurate Miniatures kit.

SMXaluI.jpg0YdWqfm.jpgEBtLNhI.jpgQtuFrHb.jpg

Had to try it again.  Classic Airframes F4B-4.  Something some of you may notice is the lower wing is painted gray and it should be aluminum dope.  I missed it until it was too late  : (YE1BUSE.jpgEe1MX1g.jpg2Jt43BM.jpgFPPZxRZ.jpg

Classic Airframes P-6E

10NIlLm.jpgWVFkSw9.jpg2rFX1RU.jpgpwnKUxF.jpgPy7fj2s.jpg

KuGNqHd.jpg

Thanks for looking.  Hope you like them.

Geoff M

2 minutes ago, Geoff M said:

Something some of you may notice is the lower wing is painted gray and it should be aluminum dope.  I missed it until it was too late  : (

No, no, no, it's not a mistake, it's a little known experiment undertaken by one squadron commander as a trial to reduce glare from the lower wing while maneuvering, right? 😉

Geoff,

Each aircraft is just simply exceptional. All 3 builds are extremely well done, expertly well painted, and your decaling is just 1st rate. I'd say you've also got the rigging down to a science. 

Joel

I have a spool of 2lb test fly fishing leader.  You can put it in place and then heat shrink it to get it tighter.  I have heard of another product I think is called ez rigging or something that sounds interesting but I have not tried it yet.

Geoff M