CF-104 Starfighter, 1/32..old school Revell.

I think I last built this kit in around 1976 at the beach on vacation!!! Back when these planes were still in service. If I remember correctly I did it Tiger schemed.

This one will be 421 Red Indians. I have a partial True details cockpit for the Hasegawa kit that I will try to shove in there.

GbQM1IV.jpg

I built the F-104G german air force in 1979 about. I remember that kit. That time it was realy modern, no PE and resin, still far behind the modelling horizon! (not to mention engraving panel lines!!)

I can not believe the simplicity of this kit. So simple but so very nice at the same time. A wee bit of flash on the wings , but the parts are absolutely straight. Perfect fit and so far has needed just the tiniest amount of putty.

Yw03A3Q.jpg

The cockpit parts I had are being saved for a Hasegawa kit which in in my future. But I had an extra seat from a trashed kit. Much better then the kit offering. It will need to have the bottom sanded down drastically to fit the Revell cockpit tub.

Then put the wings and tanks on and let the glue on the very short tabs that join the wings and tanks dry. I can not think of the last time I had such a simple build. The ONLY thing that does not get top marks is the wheel up front. It looks toy like, other then that this is a great kit.

fNT4CuE.jpg

Tomorrow I will have to go buy some more red paint.

Nice:thumbsup:! This kit has been on my want list for decades. Never had one never ever got one. Always wanted to do a Canadian bird stationed in Germany...

Related image

...always found it to be an attractive scheme. I will follow along on your build.

Regards.

I like the way it turned out. Add ons. Canuck decals for 421 Coke bottle 1981 scheme. Some unknown ejection seat from a long ago trashed kit. Resin front radar receiver from Leading Edge I found in the stash. Hand made RWR from the sprues files to size and painted nice.

XO5JijY.jpg

hjZmmzs.jpg

7Zx6Eyg.jpg

Thanks, yep, it does have that Italian 104 look. I like this better then the 1983 "toothbrush" from the same squadron.

one of these days I will do the 441 classy checkerbird, but it will be Hasegawa.