I Just received my first 2 issues of my Back To The Future Delorean Time Machine. I've never done a subscription build before, but this model intrigues me. The best part about this build is that everything is pre-painted to specs and all that is required is the assembly of the pieces. I LOVE IT! Each of the issues takes only 10 - 15 minutes to assemble. There are decals and screws that come with the kit. This build is a nice diversion from my other projects which are very time consuming. So here goes.... enjoy! 

Mark

http://www.NemVia.net

Go to my Home page, go to "More" look under Members Photo Gallery You'll see it there.

https://www.nemvia.net/apps/photos/photo?photoid=205223546

https://www.nemvia.net/apps/photos/photo?photoid=205223547

Edited by NemVia

Mark,

I keep getting pop-up advertisements for this on my FB page and I am a bit intrigued by it.  I know that each issue of the parts are about $15 once you add the shipping and you get (according to the ad) 4 or 5 of these shipments each month for about $50 a month.  The 2 things that the ad doesn't tell you and that I am curious about is how many issues will it take to finish the car and can the issues be purchased in bulk to save on shipping.  If each issue is costing approximately $5 to ship then you would be saving a bunch in shipping just to get more issues in each shipment.  Since you are in the program, can you answer these two questions.  Thanks!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

Hi Ken, 

I believe I saw this kit on e-bay and it said it had 18 issues. It was being offered for $140 and about $55 with shipping. I never bothered to look into the entire cost of the kit directly from eaglemoss because I knew it was cost prohibitive for me at least at this time to buy it all at once if that is even possible through this company. I haven't really checked on that. This build is just a diversion for me and one that I can work on very quickly to give myself a sense of accomplishment while working on larger projects.  I also like it because all of the painting is done for you. Quick assembly. Thanks for your comment.

Mark

According to the Eaglemoss site there are 130 issues. So multiply that times whatever the cost per issue is (it's a little vague on that price but I think it's 8.99 Euro) and you'll have a pretty darn expensive kit. Not saying it's not worth it, that's an individual choice. I thought the Diagostini Falcon kit was crazy but I did end up doing that so who am I to judge. 😁

Okay! There you have it! Thanks for the research. Either way the overall cost is too much for me to take on all at once so, spreading it out over time works for me. Also it's nice to put something together that doesn't require painting and masking, etc.. A Nice easy "take-My-Time" build. I appreciate the assistance. Thanks Again,

Mark

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER Updates - 2018

Hi Everyone! I didn't forget about you. I've been working my tail off at my secular job. A Lot of changes being made that interfere with my projects BIG TIme. Hopefully it will calm down a bit over the next few weeks.

For my DeLorean build, I had to hold off on that for about a month because my ISSUE 10 had some missing parts. The different size fixing screws are all labeled with letters like DM which represent the screw size needed to mount some of the parts together or to the main frame of the car. Well, instead of sending me the screws labeled DM, I received to packets of AP screws which a smaller than the DM screws so I could not finish some of the build. O got on the phone with Eaglemoss right away and told them what the problem was and without question or charge they sent me another issue 10! This was awesome. I only needed the screws but they sent me a Whole new Issue. I couldn't believe it! No problems!  Great people to work with. So if anyone needs a new Issue 10 minus the DM screws for whatever reason let me know.

Anyway, instead of just the September update with issues 6 - 9, I am also adding Octobers update with Issues 10 - 14. Little by little the car is taking shape. I have 37 new pics of the parts and assembly of issues 6 -14 on the 1/8 Scale DeLorean Build page for this month! Check it out and I'll see you next month.

Mark

100_7943 - Copy.JPG

I've been thinking more and more about getting this going. Your's is the second WIP that I've seen and it makes it even more tempting to hit the order form

One thing I've found is that in the UK and France, you can order multiple issues at once. Too bad for those of us in the US, we are stuck with subscrition only. Oh well......where's my credit card???

Check out this WIP as well. 

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=286553

Yes, I've heard of this as well, but the UK way is a little cost prohibitive for me even if we could get it. I have mine budgeted out for each month, so for now this is okay for me. However, when I am building it and get down to the last issue for the month I keep thinking...."That's It?" I must have moooore!. Then I have to wait for the next 4 issues to come in the mail. Oh,well. Thanks for your thoughts, Brett.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Brett M said:

Hey Mark

About to subscribe and don't want to get stuck on a fake site. Did you use the below page to start your subscription? 

https://www.deloreanbuildup.com/

Thanks!

Hey Brett, yes this is the sight I used or the one that I originally found the advert on. Hope you get the subscription. I have been following the build-up on the rpf. I was intrigued that you can get as many issues as you can afford in the UK. But, at the moment I'm in no hurry. Looks like a lot more of fun to come. I just received notice that my next 4 issues (15-19) are on the way. Should have an update in a few weeks. Thanks for your comments.

Mark.

8 hours ago, NemVia said:

Hey Brett, yes this is the sight I used or the one that I originally found the advert on. Hope you get the subscription. I have been following the build-up on the rpf. I was intrigued that you can get as many issues as you can afford in the UK. But, at the moment I'm in no hurry. Looks like a lot more of fun to come. I just received notice that my next 4 issues (15-19) are on the way. Should have an update in a few weeks. Thanks for your comments.

Mark.

Awesome, thanks for confirming. I'm in the same position, no hurry so I am fine with the monthly deliveries too. 

Looking forward to seeing more of your build as it comes together, thanks for sharing. 

Brett

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting project! Never heard of this before.

Fascinating to see how the chassis comes together exactly the way the real car did. The Lotus derived double Y-shaped backbone is clearly recognizable.

Everything is pre-painted. How do the parts go together, since you can not sand or otherwise fix the parts very much. 

I haven't had any issues with the parts fitting, other than some of the pre-painted pieces have had some overspray into some of the screw holes. This is easily taken care of with am Xacto blade to remove the flash. The only real issue I've seen so far is the screws. You are supplied with magnetic screwdrivers (good thing too, I've had a couple of them get away from me) But in some cases you can't get enough torque with the Philips head to tighten the screws enough for a tight fit, so I'm using a screwdriver with a larger head to grab onto some of the meat of the screw head. But it seems to be working out.

Mark 

• 4 weeks later...

NOVEMBER/DECEMBER UPDATES - 2018

Sorry about the delay in the update. The weather and work have been nearly impossible this whole last month. A quick update for my website, though: For those visitors who check for updates on their cell phones and tablets, I was able to get the issue of viewing the pictures on my website resolved. I have received several complaints about visitors not being able to view the pictures on my site. It seems there was a software issue that has now been updated, so you should be able to visit my site without any further issues. I've tried it on my own phone and now I don't have any problems seeing any of the pics. Thanks to all for letting me know about this issue! Hopefully everything is fixed.

My only update for Nov/Dec is for the DeLorean Build. I have over 50 new pics on the 1/8 BTTF DeLorean page. Check out  Slides 57 - 110 on the 1/8 BTTF DeLorean page. The assembly  goes very fast with each of the Issues received. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes per issue so I can do a few things every few days if I need to. This is a really enjoyable build. Currently I'm working on the building of the Engine. The details are just phenomenal. Please check out the pics. Drop a few comments if you can.

As many of you know, those who have followed my builds over the years, December is a very low model building month for me so I will probably not be able to get much of anything done until early next year. The drydock has been on hold now for a while jus because of my job. But hopefully things will taper down by the 1st week of January and I can get back into the swing of things. Please be safe during this time of the year and I will see you in 2019.

Thanks everyone!

~Mark~

100_8002 - Copy.JPG

Edited by NemVia

Very cool Mark. Definitely interesting to see what is provided (so I know what to look forward to! Issue 3-6 showed up today, yay) and how it looks assembled. Are you planning on weathering at all or are you going for a factory fresh job? 

Looking forward to seeing your progress as the months (and years) go by on this!

Edited by Brett M

Thanks Brett, I am definitely going to weather the engine after it's completely finished. I'm going to go for the used look that was seen in the movie. Although, the engine looks pretty awesome in it's pristine condition as well. I do have to say this is a very enjoyable build. Keep checking for the updates.

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

JANUARY UPDATES - 2019
WOW! Already the beginning of a new year. December flew by and I'm glad it did. It's good to get back to work on something I would really rather be doing anyway.
I received issues 23 - 26 for the DeLorean build. For the most part it is finishing up the engine assembly and getting it mounted onto the car frame. It looks real good assembled. I just have to dirt the engine up a little, by adding some weathering and usage stains to the manifolds, oil pan and transmission areas. The engine looks awesome, but it's a little to pristine! Anyway, I've posted 25 new pics on the 1/8 scale BTTF DeLorean page. Just click on the page and look at new updates starting at pic 111 - 136. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Looking forward to next month's updates. Everyone have a good month! See you then,
Mark.

100_8034.JPG

• 5 weeks later...

FEBRUARY UPDATES  -  2019

Hi everyone, this is the DeLorean Build update for February. I've received issues 27 - 30 and they are incredibly simple to assemble, just minimum work to do. The main focus was on the Chassis plate and the radiator and water pipe assemblies. Adding the plate to the car has really increased the total weight of the model, as the plate is made from metal. It now weighs in at 5.3lbs or 2392g.  I could almost do some body building with this kit. Anyway, everything is fitting together nicely. I did have to make an adjustment to the two water pipes or hoses that connect to the engine. They are black radiator hoses the are made from a very stiff plastic, so there was very little give in them to make then fit properly. I wound up sanding down the side of the hose that faces the engine. When I did get it to fit you don't even notice it was filed down. I don't have pics yet of the weathering of the engine parts because I wanted to wait until all of this was assembled before I did anything. Hopefully, this will add a touch of the "used"  look to the overall time machine. There are 20 new progress pics on the "1/8 scale BTTF DeLorean" starting on page 3 of the photo album, pics 137 - 157. Let me know what you think!  The next 4 Issues are already being processed, so I'm looking forward to that as well. See you next month, happy modeling.

Mark

In other update news I've  just became a GRANDFATHER for the 9th time. So happy days for that! Take care and we'll talk with you soon!

100_8059.JPG

• 3 weeks later...