Hey Brett, I do have an update coming by the end of the week. Just got back from a 2 week vaca. Back to the grind, now. My next 4 issues have already been shipped, so I will have something to work on in a week or two. Thanks for checking. Hope you get you  order soon as well.

Mark.

3 hours ago, NemVia said:

Hey Brett, I do have an update coming by the end of the week. Just got back from a 2 week vaca. Back to the grind, now. My next 4 issues have already been shipped, so I will have something to work on in a week or two. Thanks for checking. Hope you get you  order soon as well.

Mark.

Should have my next 4 issues tomorrow or Thursday based on tracking. Nothing for February, but....short month I suppose!

Looking forward to seeing your progress. I'll be off to the Hawaiian islands for a vaca as well, beginning Monday!

MARCH UPDATES - 2019

Greetings Fellow Modelers.

Just got back from 2 weeks vacation in a place that was nice and warm. Had to take a break from this awful cold weather in the Midwest. So, now after some recharging of the batteries from a good rest, I can deal with life again for a little while.

This month's update is a bonus update. Before I went on VACA, I received Issues 31 - 34 and assembled them, photographed them and then all I needed to do was edit them when I came back from our trip. At the beginning of the month, or on March 6th, I received Issues 35 - 38. So you can see the updates for 8 of the Issues this month. Also, the box I received for my shipment was unusually large this time and I couldn't really figure out why at first. But, then I checked my billing manifest and found that the 3rd and final "FREE" gift was included with this delivery which I forgot about. Eaglemoss sent me the Display Base for the DeLorean. It looks pretty sharp. Measures 27" x 14" x 1.5" and has a mirrored surface to display the underneath of the car and a BACK TO THE FUTURE display plate on the front.  Issue 38 came with 4 mounting brackets for the car to sit on, but they don't hold the car high enough for hover mode. Maybe they're will be 4 more coming in the future that are a little higher up. Whish I had a Flux Capacitor so I could find out.....  Hah... Anyway, I was also surprised that the front and rear wheel wells were metal pieces instead of plastic.  The only Issue I had with these concerned the rear wheel wells. I found that in order to get them screwed in place I needed to first screw in the front part of the wells to the Chassis, then put the 2nd and 3rd screws in until they were flush with the Chassis. The "suspension" parts kind of hold the wheel wheels up and away from the frame. IF you try to put the screws in from back to front it's a little more difficult. Just letting anyone whose building this kit  know how to get these parts in place.  With these 8 Issues, some of the wiring has arrived along with the Battery Box and lid which are cleverly and appropriately hidden in the "fuel" tank. It looks like in the next Issue (39) some more wiring items will be arriving. I'm looking forward to it. There are 43 "New" pics in the "1/8 Scale BTTF DeLorean" page, starting on page 3 and slide number 158. For a view of the Display base, go to the bottom of page 3. As always, comments are welcome. See you next Month.

Mark

http://www.NemVia.net

100_8107.JPG

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:09 PM, Brett M said:

If you haven't already found these.....

https://modelmodz.com/Delorean-1-8-Scale-Mods-c32314213

I did order what was available on this site, but BUYER BEWARE! I live in the states and this website offers P-pal as a payment option. What is not said is that P-pal does not convert USD into GBP and Modelmodsz only accepts GBP. Because of this, money was taken directly from my back-up payment source which happens to be my checking account and of course.... bounce bounce bounce.... I called up P-pal to verify what happened, and they said this is normal and that some companies only accept the GBP. I'm not trying to put modelmodz down, I just want anyone who does not use GBP to be aware that this might happen, and it would be safer to use a different payment option. I took care of this issue so I will be receiving what I ordered, and I'm looking forward to installing these mods.  More updates, soon.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

APRIL UPDATES - 2019

Just to let everyone know, our website URL has been changed to www.NemVia.org  and the website is now simply known as NemVia. Without realizing it I let the .net expire. It was just easier to move everything to .org.

As for the DeLorean build, I've added 22 new pics to the "1/8 scale BTTF DeLorean"  page. A lot of the build this month focused on the time circuit display and adding some more wiring for the lighting effects such as the brake lights, front and rear tail lights  and turn signal blinkers.  The brake pedal actually moves and has a spring to pull the pedal back in place. The center console also  the gear shift handle which also moves and comes with a rubber shroud similar to a real shift shroud. The climate control details are very awesome, although I really doubt you'll be able to see them when the time circuits are all in place. The keypad is now in place as well as the stereo with cassette player details and controls as well as the compass.  I'm really looking forward to the upcoming issues. Issue 43 looks to have more of the time circuit wiring along with the start of the beginnings of the Flux Capacitor assembly. Pretty "Heavy" Stuff. Once again, the details are just awesome on this build. She's starting to look more and more like a car. Can't wait.

Mark

The top link will take you to the 1st update pic for this month. The second is for the website home page.

https://www.nemvia.org/apps/photos/photo?photoid=205641117

http://www.NemVia.org 

100_8140.JPG

Edited by NemVia

Looking good Mark.I look forward to seeing your posts (and the postman with a white box) lol. What upgrades are you planning on doing for yours? 

I've gotten up to issue 22(?) and am in process of doing some assembly on the engine. I had decided I was going to clean up the seams and flash, do some painting and detail work.....then I looked through your pictures and saw that all the work I'm doing won't be seen. Whoops 

Thanks Brett, yes a lot of the work that is done will eventually be covered up by other parts of the build. The engine for sure I will be dirtying up a bit and the underneath of the chassis as well. I've heard through some other modelers who are building their kits that some of the electronics as well as the interior pieces are not quite accurate or they don't look too good with the lighting effect. So far I've ordered from modelmodz  the flux capacitor, the tree/SID, the power mod and the car mats. That's all that is available at the moment, replacement switch for the flux capacitor , the radio mod and the dashboard mod, when they become available.  Hope you get your Issues soon.

Mark

• 1 month later...

MAY UPDATES - 2019
Hey Everyone, sorry about the delay in the updates. I've had the pics loaded onto my website, I just haven't got around to adding the titles and captions until today. Well, most of the Issues concentrated on the dashboard assembly which includes the driver's side gages you speedometer, tach, fuel, etc. Also the passenger side indicators along with the lighting LED boards and their wiring components. Even the  88 mph speed gage is included. I can't wait to see all of this stuff lit up and working. Another part of this month's assembly includes the time circuit assembly, with power box and also the 6 push buttons that are on the passenger side of the center console. The detailing is pretty nice looking. Although I haven't secured these items onto the chassis, I was able to do a test fitting and take some pretty nice pics of what I have assembled so far. Check 'em out. there are 23 new pics starting with issue 43 which is slide no. 224 on the 4th page of the "1/8 scale BTTF DeLorean" page. Hope you enjoy them. I just received word that my next 4 issues have been mailed out, so I'm looking forward to starting on those. Issue 47 deals with the steering assembly. That's it for this month's update. Check back here in June.
Mark

100_8167.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

MAY UPDATES -2019 (part ll)

I know this is a rare occasion, but I was able to receive my next 4 issues of the DeLorean build within' the same month. I really liked these issues, especially Issue 48. Issue 48 had a little bit more work to do on it and it dealt mainly with the dashboard component wiring. All of these cables are of the GNDN variety and used for aesthetics purposes only. But, to adjust them and get them into their proper places was what took up most of the time. (well, that and I misread the instructions for the wire separator piece and threaded them through it upside down.....DOH) Oh, we'll anyway it was fun doing this part of the build. All of the cables needed to be threaded through the bottom of the dash into the trunk space area only to be secured there permanently later on. I've actually found a couple things that I do not like with this part of the build, though. One is that the cable ties or zip ties are way out of scale with the care. I do however plan to replace them with some smaller ones that are used for stereo electronics which are much smaller and a little more accurate. Also, I was very disappointed in the function of the steering wheel and steering column. I had hoped they would turn the front wheels a little farther than they do. Now I understand why they give you the mounting blocks for the display stand so that the wheels will turn a bit more with less effort. But, I don't think it's going to be too big of an issue since the car will mostly be displayed in a case. Anyway, I was also able to build one of the cars seats, driver's side to be exact. I like how the material feels, almost like real leather, and they give you foam to place underneath the seat cushions to make the seat covers feel soft just like you could sit on them for real. I think I will be weathering the seats a bit. Just looking at how much stuff was added to the car by "Doc Brown" would suggest a lot of wear on just about everything on the inside of the car. That's why I'm leaving any scuffs and scratches  that I might make on the car for that lived in feel. So far I've built issues 1 - 50 for this kit and the car now weighs in at 7.5 lbs (3.4 kg) I didn't know it was going to be this heavy. I can't imagine what it will weigh when finished. So, there's 31 New pics to check out. Check out the link below, that will get you to the first pic. Well, that's it for now. Keep checking for the next update.

Thanks, Mark

https://www.nemvia.org/apps/photos/photo?photoid=205718895

100_8185.JPG

Edited by NemVia
On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 9:36 PM, Brett M said:

I'm stuck waiting on back ordered issues. Nothing for two months now. 

:jaw-dropping:Waaaaaaaaah? That's outrageous! I'd get on the horn if I were you to find out what's going on! That just isn't right. Let me know when your issues come in.

Hang in there buddy, Mark.

2 hours ago, NemVia said:

:jaw-dropping:Waaaaaaaaah? That's outrageous! I'd get on the horn if I were you to find out what's going on! That just isn't right. Let me know when your issues come in.

Hang in there buddy, Mark.

Called yesterday. Back order on issues. It would have been nice to receive some sort of notification though!

• 3 weeks later...
JUNE UPDATES - 2019 Hey everyone. I just received my next four issues (51-54) on Friday. Very quick and easy issues to do. I've been able to install the passenger seat as well as more GNDN wiring.  And finally the rear bulkhead plate that goes in behind the seats. Also I've added the left and right side door sills that kind of make the seating area look more like it belongs in a real car. Nothing overly spectacular for this update, but the interior is getting closer to being finished. Looking at the test fitting of the interior with the car frame, I can see that even though this is a pretty big model car at 1/8 scale, the real life one looks extremely cramped even without all the time circuit details. I've never seen one in person, but this certainly tells me I don't think I'd ever really want one. Unless of course some generous individual gave me one as a gift.... (NOT) Anyway, there are 22 new pics in the "!/8 Scale BTTF DeLorean" page. The link will take you there:
https://members.webs.com/manageapp/photos/photo?photoid=205718899
Next month I will have a 1 year review of this build to date to see how far I've gotten over a twelve month span on this one model. In about 3 month I will be at the half-way point of this build. Hope this is still holding everyone's interest. Well, That's it for now. More coming soon. See you then.

Modify message

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1598.0;a

No, it's not you. I've had this issue before and it's website. Something goes wrong when I set it up so people can see stuff on their phones. For some reason it's sending you to the host home page.  I'll see if I can get these guys to fix this, again. In the meantime use

That'll take you to my home page. Then when you get there, there's a pull down tab to the right of the "HOME". Tap on that and that should get you to the "1/8 Scale BTTF DeLorean" page.

You'll have to go to page 5 to see the latest updates starting with Issue 51. Let me know how that works. Sorry about the problems.

Mark

5 hours ago, NemVia said:

No, it's not you. I've had this issue before and it's website. Something goes wrong when I set it up so people can see stuff on their phones. For some reason it's sending you to the host home page.  I'll see if I can get these guys to fix this, again. In the meantime use

That'll take you to my home page. Then when you get there, there's a pull down tab to the right of the "HOME". Tap on that and that should get you to the "1/8 Scale BTTF DeLorean" page.

You'll have to go to page 5 to see the latest updates starting with Issue 51. Let me know how that works. Sorry about the problems.

Mark

That worked! Looking nice and tidy, definitely moving towards the movie look. Thanks for sharing as always. 

• 1 month later...

August Updates are posted. Can't seem to get anything posted here, but check them out. Go to the DeLorean build page and go to page 6 of the album and look for issues 58 - 62. Hope this works!

Mark

https://www.nemvia.org/apps/photos/photo?photoid=205842691

www.NemVia.org

BTW do not use NemVia.net. it no longer works. Thanks

Edited by NemVia

just caught up with your pic stream and I can only echo what the others have said in that it is quite an amazing build!. I also spent an hour or more going through your relatively recent ST dry dock build - that is severely inspirational! Thanks for the link and it is now book marked

22 hours ago, Brett M said:

Looking good Mark! Any issues you've run across or smooth sailing still?

Thanks Brett. No issues, really. It was nice to put together some of the larger pieces this time. Everything seems to fit quite nicely.

Looking forward to more of the larger items in the future. Thanks for checking in, Brett.

15 hours ago, Aurora Mark said:

This is such a cool project! The interior looks just so... spot on! I can hear Marty and the Doc in the background as I look at the build. 

Thanks Mark! A long time ago a friend of mine gave me a partially finished plastic kit model of the DeLorean that had moveable wheels for driving and hovering. Unfortunately, there were parts of the kit that were missing and I thought that was a shame because I really wanted to build this car, but when I saw the Eaglemoss version I just couldn't resist trying this out. I love all of the details, and it's very easy to put together. Keep checking for more updates. I should have the next four issues in about 3 weeks. Thanks for your comments, Mark

8 hours ago, The Madhatter said:

just caught up with your pic stream and I can only echo what the others have said in that it is quite an amazing build!. I also spent an hour or more going through your relatively recent ST dry dock build - that is severely inspirational! Thanks for the link and it is now book marked

..and thank you Madhatter! I love the build myself. As for the Drydock build, I'm still working on that. It is quite close to being finished off, I just need to spend some time on it, if I can find the time, that is. It's just the electrical work that is cumbersome at the moment. But I'll be working on some of it this week and I should have some sort of an update for that project as well. Thanks for your comments.

I should have more updates coming within the next 3 weeks or so.

Talk to you then,

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

SEPTEMBER UPDATES - 2019
New exterior car body pieces arriving, finally! It's nice to work on some of the small details for this build, but every now and then it's great to see the larger parts arrive in the mail as well. This month I received Issues 63 - 66 and these included the Hood and framework for the trunk, the trunk interior and some more switches to operate the dome light when the doors are opened. All 4 of these issues are relatively quick to put together. The hood is made from metal as well as the air-pistons that are used to hold the trunk open. The pistons did have an issue, though. When opening the hood the mounting bracket pieces that are in the pistons would pull out from the metal tubes.  I used some Maxi-cure to re-cement them into the tubes. This seems to work. But the reason they probably pulled out in the first place is that the piston tubes are very hard to pull open and slide closed. So I opened the hood as far as it would go, got some WD-40 and sprayed it on a tissue, then rubbed it onto the smaller part of the piston that slides into the larger tube. After a few open and closings, the pistons operated a lot smoother and I don't have to worry about the brackets being pulled out  again. (I hope) For some of the smaller details in ISSUE 66 there are some more springs and door catches to assemble as well as the door locks which contains some micro switches, these also had some tiny springs to add in. Not very fond of those. I did have one fly away from me in an earlier issue, but fortunately I found it. Sometimes you need to work on these tine parts with over a white floor just in case something like this happens. (Wish I had a white floor) So, with these Issues, the piece-count for the build so far is about 1,079 pieces, including screws and wiring, etc. I haven't done this in a while, but the car now weighs in at 13.1 lbs (5.94kg). As a young Marty would say: "That's heavy, Doc". The weight includes the front left fender and the bumper assembly. I'll have to use a different scale next time because the one I'm using is for small measuring, up to 13 lbs. (5.89 kg)
Anyway, there are 23 new pics on the "1/8 scale BTTF DeLorean" page, so check 'em out and let me know what you think!
In the next issue (67) I will be receiving the driver's side door assembly. I'm really looking forward to that. Thanks for checking the sight! More to come next month!

https://www.nemvia.org/apps/photos/photo?photoid=205880178