D-Day GB  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Will you participate in a D-Day GB

• Yes
    • No

2019 is the 75th Anniversary of D-Day so it will be great time for a GB commemorating the liberation of France.    Since there are other major events like Market Garden, Battle of the Bulge, etc the GB will be for anything on the Western Front from D-Day to VE Day.    I am hoping for a 1 January to 1 July time frame. 

Edited by nspreitler
1 hour ago, Clunkmeister said:

Yeah, if the HPH C-47 came out in time, plans could change. 

The pictures on the HPH site look great,  I have the HpH Pak-50 and the details are fantastic.  One of these days I'll actually build it. 

I've never participated in a group build before, but I've been wanting to jump in.  I saw mention of the Tamiya P-47, I'll also plan on building one (possibly two) of those.

-Ryan

I didn't vote "yes" yet but I may be in with a 1/72 RCAF Lancaster or Halifax or possibly a 1/35 King Tiger as used during the Ardennes offensive (if armor is allowed of course).

Regards.

Armor will certainly be allowed.  Anything on the Western front from D-Day to VE Day, planes, armor, ships, figures.    If there is time for more than one I have a 1/48 Hobbyboss LCM-3 that I've had in the stash for years. 

5 hours ago, Don said:

I didn't vote "yes" yet but I may be in with a 1/72 RCAF Lancaster or Halifax or possibly a 1/35 King Tiger as used during the Ardennes offensive (if armor is allowed of course).

Regards.

A Tiffie needs targets. The King Target will be most welcome. 🙂

Just now, Clunkmeister said:

Well in that case I'll need to model fog and snow to cover my Tiger :rofl:LOL!

I'm in with an Ardennes King Tiger and possibly a Guillows P-51D Mustang built as a non-flying static model (markings yet to be determined).

Image result for Guillows P-51D

Regards,

Don

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a lot of stuff to choose from.  I'll dig through the stash and find something appropriate.  Got plenty of time to figure it out.

Geoff M

Found an Academy F-5E Photo Lightning that will look good in d-day stripes.

Geoff M

Edited by Geoff M
Addition
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 2:50 PM, Clunkmeister said:

with all the new state of the art Panther A and D series tanks, I think this is where  you start.  These kits make the Tamiya and Dragon kits look like toys. Remember June 6th 1944 was about 75% a ground war.  The real air war was 250 miles further east, and was still ugly

gary

20 votes so far, 5 more and I'll request the start date.   I'll attempt to do this aircraft, Turf and Sport Special, currently on display at the Air Mobility Command Museum at Dover AFB.   If you are in the area it is certainly worth a stop, they have lots of cargo and tanker aircraft that are seldom seen.  They also have a B-17, and one of the few surviving Waco gliders. 

c47_tail_nr_42-92841_01.jpg