Building F-4D Phantom II - IRIAF 3-6713 in 1/48 scale

Hi all.

Decided to leave my F-4 D in 1/32 on the shelf for a while. Start a new project to get a fresh start in modelling F-4 D Phantoms, which are my favourite.

The subject:

lUMC1yn.jpg

MXOvPsE.jpg

AJxFMnC.jpg

1gbcxQW.jpg

I bought 2 Academy kits which will be transformed in to these colourful birds. Loads of pictures from Airliners.net to dig in, so I'm hopeful.

All AM is on my desk for the kits to give it correct shape. Decals come from FCM and Print Scale. Intention is to build a bird from the IRIAF as well as from the earlier IIAF.

This weekend I made a start with the wings and fuselage to fit. Seamless suckers from XMM are cleaned and fit perfect. Also had lots of work to clear the cockpit area to fit the Aires resin replacement. Stabilators, scoops and canopy set come from Hypersonic. There is a lot more to add, but come back to that later. 

Academy kit, so far is a real dream, fit is very good, even with the AM, which always is somewhat troublesome, with me for sure.

Will make lots of pictures to show where I am with the build.

Feel free to come up with ideas, comments etc. Will need that.

Kind regards,

Robert Jan

Matt Walker, I can't wait for the weekend to come and having a real go with this project.

Saturdays & Sundays are my modelling days! Rest of the week it is work that sucks the energy out of me in this tropical environment called Thailand.

Peter, thanks for looking in, will give it a real go this weekend.

Kind regards,

Robert Jan

Hello Matt,

Iranian Airforce ordered in four batches during 1967 & 1968. Straight productions models, identical to the USAF. So regular MB Mk.7 seats.

Kind regards,

Robert Jan

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

For business reasons, we are in the middle of a big project, after 2 weeks I'm still kept away from my modelling. No focus and deployed with lots of other stuff, keeping me away from my hobby. Project is so to say on hold, hope to get some bench time as from September. So no cancelling of the project, work, work, work.

Kind regards,

Robert Jan