Wolfpack Design 1/32 F-4 Hard Wing flaps down set 32024

Hello all.

I need some information about 'Wolfpack Design 1/32 F-4 Hard Wing flaps down set Tamiya - WP 32024'.

When I read the description, this is set is applicable for F-4 E/ E/J. Early 'E' and 'E/J' right?

First F-4"E's had the hard wing, later the airframe was changed and wings got the 'slats'.

Is the 'hard wing' actually the same as from F-4 'C & D's?

Hope to get some information on this.

Kind regards,

Robert Jan 

Hi Robert,

The F-4C/D wings were the same as the hard wing E/EJ, only the long nose F-4s had the inboard LE flap sections disabled, so each wing only had two moving panels on the leading edge, instead of the C/D's 3. I think you could make the Wolfpack set work on the F-4C/D, but it doesn't include the inboard LE flaps. It should just be a relatively simple job to cut and reposition the inboards.

Navy LE flaps are a slightly more complicated discussion. 😮

Cheers!

Ben

Edited by Ben Brown

Hi Ben,

Thanks again for the clear explanation. I saw this set, thought about it, as there were only 3 left, when I came home, the one in my shopping cart was the only one left. Lucky me, it's on it's way. Will have to make a mould of this particular set I think. Been looking  a long time to purchase this one, never got lucky as 'sold out' came up,  everywhere i looked. This brings me another step closer to build a 1/32 IRIAF F-4 D mentioned in my other thread about the Flap / Slat issue with F-4 D's. 

Only thing now is that I have to cut out the 'Inboard LE flaps". I guess when downed, every LE flap is down, or not?

Thanks again for the info.

Kind regards,

Robert Jan

Hi Robert,

On the F-4C/D, yes, all three LE flaps, as well as the trailing edge flaps, would be down:

F-4D_301st_TFW_landing_at_Nellis_AFB_198

19811229%20F-4C%2063-7624%20right%20fron

Note that the ailerons would only be down if the aircraft was shut down and had been sitting for a while, and they both might not necessarily be drooping at the same angle. If you're building your model with the engines running, the ailerons would be in the neutral position while everything else was down. This is the only pic I could find with the aircraft shut down with the LE/TE flaps down. You can sort of see the starboard aileron hanging down:

jayhawk_f_4d_in_european_1_scheme_no__1_

Cheers!

Ben 

The set is suitable for the BLC wing US Navy/USMC F-4J, RAF F-4J(UK), USAF/Israeli ca.1967-1972+ "Hard Wing" F-4E, Israeli F-4E(S) and Japanese F-4EJ. 

I think. Which can be a dangerous thing. 

Tony 

Thanks Tony for confirmation. In two weeks I guess the set will be in Thailand. Very curious to see what I ordered.

Purchased at Victory Models USA, within two hours it was posted, so thumps up for this shop.

Kind regards,

Robert Jan

Edited by Speedy

Comply with that, I was pretty amazed yesterday evening. Now just follow it's travelling across the USA of many Airports, scanning from places I never would have dreamed off. Always big fun to see how inefficient USPS works, before it gets on a plane to it's destination. (Yes I know my Logistics principles are pretty advanced).😬

Kind regards,

Robert Jan

Edited by Speedy