Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

If it makes you feel any better, I don't use a magnifying instrument of any kind 😁 I reply solely on the ol' MK1's

thanks guys - I appreciate  the kind posts.
Hopefully, I'll up date this again very soon as I have got through a fair bit over the past couple of days
1 hour ago, The Madhatter said:

If it makes you feel any better, I don't use a magnifying instrument of any kind 😁 I reply solely on the ol' MK1's

Hopefully, I'll up date this again very soon as I have got through a fair bit over the past couple of days

Nope, not feeling better ha!

3 hours ago, The Madhatter said:

ok, this just turned from me greatly admiring your skills and patience and incredible fidelity... to now me just wanting to tell you to "get off my lawn you young whippersnapper!" 😁

I begrudgingly have to be in awe of this build.

Bill

12 hours ago, The Madhatter said:

Lol, don't getme wrong,  there are times when I would like to have a magnifying instrument but I don't have one, so I have to make  do with my eyes. I wasn't trying to be cocky 🙂

I definitely didn't get that impression from you at all! Lucky you're able to see that well. And it shows in your work. 😎

Edited by Brett M
Fat fingered my post
1 minute ago, The Madhatter said:

Yeah I just reread what I'd written and it does come across as arrogant but it definitely wasn't meant that way. I think it was the addition of the smiley face that makes it look bad. Whoops 

Woah! I need to reread what I write. That was supposed to be "didN'T".....dumb phone replies.

Sorry!!! (and I'm not stalking, we apparently both just jumped on ARC at the same time tonight.)

14 hours ago, The Madhatter said:

nah - I never saw it as stalking. I've often wondered if there is some kind of forum etiquette surrounding the time taken between a post and a reply. If there is, I've never adhered to it from day 1.

Ha, me either. 😎

hi guys
Well, time for another update. Not sure how many more I'll do for a while as I may take a break from this, but not just yet.
I keep looking at how much I've done versus how much is left to do and I start shaking inwardly. Definitely a long term build.

As you can see, I have made a start on the port side. I've installed the mini hangars and they look alright. I tried to dial down the brightness but may need to do more.

48510953492_bd2073afa7_c.jpg

48510956337_f9a347a8f1_c.jpg

48510961377_f24bbea6c4_c.jpg

48510971182_5daed2079d_c.jpg

48510973932_bedd2aaa2a_c.jpg

48510794806_b8d1eb51e7_c.jpg

48510782616_456f2a3c8b_c.jpg

And something I haven't shown you yet - a lighting test of the rear engines:

48510777286_fefccc1967_c.jpg

Well, that's it for now but as always, thanks for sticking around and having a look
Till next time
Si

LOL - there's a snow flakes chance in hell I will be counting all the chips, strips and plates that I've added but if I were to guesstimate it, I would say in the 500 > 1k mark. Maybe more. I also reckon I've spent nearly 40 hours or so on it so far. Again, maybe more.

It is testing my patience - that's for sure

Testing your patience maybe, but WOW is this one impressive bit of work. As for the lighting, well done. Not too often you see just the right amount of light and a proper bit of diffusion to give 'the look'. I can't wait to see more! 

Thanks Mark. I have yet to add the FO lights but I have a plan in mind for that to get them a nice glow as opposed to a harsh light. All will be revealed one day... Nah, joking. I'm just going to sand the LED's which will produce a nice even glow 😉

Righteo, onwards and upwards

It's that time of the fortnight again - yup: update time!

I've been plugging away at yet more side walls and naturally, there is still a heap more to do yet. I did say this will be a loooooong build (ticked over the one year mark already with so much more to do). I sometimes wonder why I do this to myself but for the rest of the time, I love it

I have to remind myself that I still have the other side to do yet as well as the bottom and then the sidewalls. Maybe by 2021 it'll be done..... 

48583261487_87718131ca_c.jpg

48583115161_0baf120850_c.jpg

48583117851_c37e1dace0_c.jpg

48583269282_557bc3c160_c.jpg

48583122871_d8ea1a6e11_c.jpg

48583125451_279567790f_c.jpg

48583277252_a3186dae73_c.jpg

48583130556_e3a86e347f_c.jpg

48583282392_f6ecf6cf2b_c.jpg

As you can see, I still need to add some details to the hull to tie in the sidewalls but that'll happen soon enough.
Anyway, that's all I have for now but I will be back again once I have done something worth showing
Thanks for looking and if you have any suggestions for details etc, I'm open to them
Cheers
Si

Thanks guys 

The greeblies are 1/700 ship kit parts that I made casts of so I don't have to buy more sets as they're expensive.  The sets are from Pit-road. The rest of the parts are from various other ship kits I've collected over the years

On 8/20/2019 at 5:24 AM, The Madhatter said:

Thanks for looking and if you have any suggestions 
Cheers
Si

Suggestions? Therapy? 😀 I'm kidding kidding. This is REMARKABLE! It so makes this thing come alive and be that much more believable. I am in awe sir. ....but yeah, if you don't need therapy by now I suspect you may soon enough..

Keep up the great work.

Bill

Edited by niart17

LOL, I think I'll be as koo koo as the guy in my signature GIF 😄

I'm thinking I may not go so crazy on the bottom hull plate but who knows? I am shuddering on the inside about having to do that as well as the top. I know I will, but it's still a daunting thought.

I have also been eyeing off my Korbanth SSD and I know it needs some work but I don't think I'll go as nuts on that as I have on this. Maybe just a few details here and there. A complete rebuild of the drive engines too....

2 hours ago, The Madhatter said:

I have also been eyeing off my Korbanth SSD and I know it needs some work but I don't think I'll go as nuts on that as I have on this. Maybe just a few details here and there. A complete rebuild of the drive engines too....

48593008451_d97e69ab42.jpg

Edited by Brett M