1/48 - Dassault Mirage F-1 family by Kinetic - 3D renders - release 2019-2020

1 hour ago, Mfezi said:

Here is a picture which should demonstrate why PE is the natural choice, especially for an open airbrake option. Even closed it is difficult to see how this can look really accurate with injected plastic only:

No, he's talking about the spoilers on the topside of the wing.

Wow, I've never noticed those - on an aircraft I have been rather close with! I guess I didn't climb onto the wings often enough... Thanks for teaching me something new.

That is the one thing I did on my ESCI kits. I drilled out the spoilers on the wing and it looked so much better. I also drilled the speed brake holes but was a bit difficult since they are oval. I have several decal sheets for the Mirage F1 so I can hold them for the new Kinetic kit. I would think that Caracal may also be looking at a couple of sheets?

I've always liked the F-1 for its stance on its landing gear. A forward view makes it look very predatory. Those main gear (like those on the Jaguar) look like the talons of a predatory bird.

Yea, I know, sounds weird. I'll go take my meds now. :whistle:

43 minutes ago, Mstor said:

I've always liked the F-1 for its stance on its landing gear. A forward view makes it look very predatory. Those main gear (like those on the Jaguar) look like the talons of a predatory bird.

Yea, I know, sounds weird. I'll go take my meds now. :whistle:

Exactly right. I think the same thing 😁. I love the main landing gear. Looks great.

Edited by skyhawk174
11 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

I love the main landing gear.

So do I but because it looks like...

photofunky.gif

🙂

I'd kill for an AZ version.

Edited by Laurent

Man this is good news. I'll build a couple of SAAF ones having already converted the Esci kit to an AZ and having built the KH one as a CZ. I rather liked the photoetch spoilers on the KH kit. Looks good when carefully glued in place with little dots of super glue.

But please Kinetic (Raymond), get the main gear legs right so that the model has the distinctive nose up attitude :pray:. KH didn't !! Don't measure a museum sample where the oleos have been clamped at the incorrect position.

Can't wait for this one. And then Revell/Italeri, please give us a 32nd scale one.

• 1 year later...
On 8/1/2018 at 9:06 AM, Ben Brown said:

Anyone want to buy my Kitty Hawk kit? Perhaps Kinetic would consider producing an F2H-2 Banshee, too.  :whistle:

Funny!! 

Thanks, Hoosfoos, I missed this thread first time around. 

Gene K

Edited by GeneK