Adding an astrodome to a 1/72 C-131B - Question

Thanks Dutch!  The decals are pretty much done.  I need to do a little repair work on one end of the cheat line and then she's ready for a clear coat to seal the decals.  Then it's fingers crossed as I remove all the window masks.  A very nerve wracking part of the build for me...

-Derek

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Gents,

It's been awhile but I have made some (slow) progress on my Convair finally.  I'm happy to report that the decals are done and she's on her gear!

w1ysnH6.jpg

v9oKWvP.jpg

I was pleased to see that when I removed the masks the windows were okay.  I seem to have some trash stuck on the inside of some of the clear parts so I hope blowing some air into the fuselage will take care of that - and not make it worse! 

I still have many small tasks to finish before she is done.  I need to add the retraction struts to the gear.  Plus I need to make the astrodome for the top.  My wooden master is ready so I hope to try it out soon.  Then there is the antennas and antenna wires to think about...

More soon!  Thanks for looking.

-Derek

• 2 months later...