Fujimi 1/24 scale Porsche 917K

Over the years I've posted many aircraft builds, but never seemed to get around to race and classic cars. this year, being my 70th and my retiring from work, I decided to go for it, and model both cars and aircraft. My 1st build is the Fujimi 1/24 scale Martini Porsche 917K 1971 LeMans winning car. For those of you that would like to go through the entire build, it's in the Race forum not the In Progress forum. Sorry for the screw up. 

Here's how the Porsche looked crossing the finish line last night. 

And thanks for stopping by and checking out my build. It's always much appreciated.

Joel

sqCIua.jpg

8BWUp0.jpg

b666aS.jpgA2zk8A.jpgMxNTNT.jpg

NqR68N.jpg

tsg3LW.jpg

nE4Q5h.jpg

2BoAHL.jpg

31SaPm.jpg

MJcOMv.jpg

J5lEh1.jpg

3R5Xrk.jpgo6F3vC.jpg

aRAtg2.jpg

3R5Xrk.jpg

o6F3vC.jpgaRAtg2.jpg

EFnmWc.jpg

Vxzlw4.jpg

JA

Brilliant build of a Oldie but Goldie! Terrific work and bringing the Porsche to life and talking the time to explain what was need to to correct the kit and keep the build rolling. Excellent gloss finish and a job very well done.

🏆

bro

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

JA

Brilliant build of a Oldie but Goldie! Terrific work and bringing the Porsche to life and talking the time to explain what was need to to correct the kit and keep the build rolling. Excellent gloss finish and a job very well done.

🏆

bro

Bro,

Thanks for your constant support both on ARC and off line.  Your help and support really was a major reason for getting to the finish line. 

Bro

3 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

I'm glad you posted a photo of the rear as I wanted to see those tail lights.  Man, I can almost smell the hot brakes.  Happily, I WILL be smelling hot brakes this Friday at my track event.

Good luck at your track event. Exactly what type of an event is it?

Joel

4 hours ago, CaptainObvious said:

Awesome finish Joel! Smooth and shiny.
It looks like you've got this car thing down pat.

Thanks Capt. Obvious for those most kind words. One lucky finish doesn't make me proficient at it as yet, but I'm working on it.

Joel