2020 IPMS Nationals is in.....

1 hour ago, 86Sabreboy1 said:

Omaha, twice in 3 years??? Might happen in 4 years.

I was referring to Omaha in 2021, as they are trying to get bids three years out but it looks like that is too far out in the future for anyone to commit.

Ken

32 minutes ago, KenM said:

I was referring to Omaha in 2021, as they are trying to get bids three years out but it looks like that is too far out in the future for anyone to commit.

Ken

Yes, That is correct, they "were" trying to do that. In 2016 at the Columbia, SC Nats they announced Phoenix and Chattanooga the same night for 2018 and 2019 respectively. However, at the Omaha Nats last year, there were zero bids for 2020.

There were rumors that Omaha was politicking the IPMS board for 2021 but that's unconfirmed and no announcement was made for 2021. Whether Omaha gets it or not, we won't know until the banquet in Chattanooga next year.

Congrats to  San Marcos Texas.  Omaha will be bidding to host the Nationals here July 7-10 2021.  We had flyers at Phoenix with a different date but the Hotel just asked us to change.  We will present our bid in Chattanooga.  We look forward to visiting with folks during a the great conventions to come in the Volunteer and Lone Star states.

I can confirm that Omaha is planning on bidding for 2021.   We had a flyer at PHX announcing this that I brought on behalf of the Omaha 2021 committee since none of them were going to be there.  As someone else had said earlier, 2021 bids are to be presented next year at Chattanooga.

Edited by gkwan
On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:03 PM, KenM said:

Congrats any news about 2021?

Ken

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:06 PM, 86Sabreboy1 said:

No bids for 2021. Pushing out to 3 years didn't work. There were no bids for 2020 last year. So back to 2 years ahead.

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:23 PM, KenM said:

That's too bad I heard a rumour Omaha was bidding, San Marcos is a bit too far at my age it's no longer about filling the tank it's about empting it.

Ken 

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:58 PM, 86Sabreboy1 said:

Omaha, twice in 3 years??? Might happen in 4 years.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:26 AM, KenM said:

Ken

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:04 AM, 86Sabreboy1 said:

Yes, That is correct, they "were" trying to do that. In 2016 at the Columbia, SC Nats they announced Phoenix and Chattanooga the same night for 2018 and 2019 respectively. However, at the Omaha Nats last year, there were zero bids for 2020.

There were rumors that Omaha was politicking the IPMS board for 2021 but that's unconfirmed and no announcement was made for 2021. Whether Omaha gets it or not, we won't know until the banquet in Chattanooga next year.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:18 AM, Plastictiger said:

Congrats to  San Marcos Texas.  Omaha will be bidding to host the Nationals here July 7-10 2021.  We had flyers at Phoenix with a different date but the Hotel just asked us to change.  We will present our bid in Chattanooga.  We look forward to visiting with folks during a the great conventions to come in the Volunteer and Lone Star states.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:56 AM, gkwan said:

I can confirm that Omaha is planning on bidding for 2021.   We had a flyer at PHX announcing this that I brought on behalf of the Omaha 2021 committee since none of them were going to be there.  As someone else had said earlier, 2021 bids are to be presented next year at Chattanooga.

omaha nats.jpg

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:26 AM, KenM said:

Ken

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:04 AM, 86Sabreboy1 said:

Nope, IPMS USA are accepting bids two years out, not three. It's an effort to give more time to book the facilities and prevent the double-booking that occurred in Columbus, OH a few years ago when the Nats were booked at the same time as a Mary Kay convention. There were zero bids for 2020 here in Omaha last year because they weren't accepting 2020 bids at that time. For now on, they will announce the location of the Nationals two years ahead.

We put in an "intention to bid" to the IPMS mothership a few weeks before last weekend's Nationals.

Edited by Johnopfor
2 hours ago, Johnopfor said:

Nope, IPMS USA are accepting bids two years out, not three. It's an effort to give more time to book the facilities and prevent the double-booking that occurred in Columbus, OH a few years ago when the Nats were booked at the same time as a Mary Kay convention. There were zero bids for 2020 here in Omaha last year because they weren't accepting 2020 bids at that time. For now on, they will announce the location of the Nationals two years ahead.

We put in an "intention to bid" to the IPMS mothership a few weeks before last weekend's Nationals.

At the 2016 IPMS Nationals in Columbia they announced the winning bids for 2017 (Phoenix) AND 2018 (Chattanooga). They said that's what what they were going to do in advance for the benefit of those submitting bids and followed through with it. At the 2017 Nationals in Omaha, there was no announcement of any kind as there were no bids for 2020 at that time. So do the math. The attempt WAS made to push out to 3 years but when no one bids it defeats the concept.