2020 IPMS Nationals is in.....

On 8/5/2018 at 7:16 AM, Wolfgun33 said:

YES!!!! I'll finally get to go to Nationals!!!

Didn't I see you at the Orlando Nats 2012?

Halfway between San Antonio and Austin, not a bad location.  Looks like that British Airways flight between London and Austin proved its worth.

I am confused.  San Marcos??  Is this a combined effort with the Austin and San Antonio

clubs with San Marcos as the mid-point?  Or does San Marcos have a IPMS club large 

enough to pull off a nationals?

:cheers:

Jerry

9 hours ago, Ishthe47guy said:

Didn't I see you at the Orlando Nats 2012?

Halfway between San Antonio and Austin, not a bad location.  Looks like that British Airways flight between London and Austin proved its worth.

Nope. Wasn't me. I've never been to Nationals. 

2 hours ago, k5ikl said:

I am confused.  San Marcos??  Is this a combined effort with the Austin and San Antonio

clubs with San Marcos as the mid-point?  Or does San Marcos have a IPMS club large 

enough to pull off a nationals?

:cheers:

Jerry

Yup, combined effort. Great location too. I was down there for the Alamo Squadron's "Model Fiesta" back in February and had a great time.

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Stinger16 said:

I agree, any of those locations would be great, 

Especially Detroit or Columbus, needs to come back towards the Great Lakes

Pretty much comes down to who bids. Only a small handful of chapters are bidding and none of them are from the great lakes area these days. 

9 hours ago, metroman said:

Isn't so much the distance for me as it is the time of year - school has started last week of July which makes these shows a non-starter.  Move to June and make it Fri & Sat only

I thought I was early starting the second week of August! The last week of July? Holy cow! Are you doing a year-round schedule?

34 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

I thought I was early starting the second week of August! The last week of July? Holy cow! Are you doing a year-round schedule?

Yep, they all are around here.  July 25th start, then two weeks each fall, Christmas, and Spring breaks.   Last day Thurs before Memorial Day

Edited by metroman
9 hours ago, metroman said:

Yep, they all are around here.  July 25th start, then two weeks each fall, Christmas, and Spring breaks.   Last day Thurs before Memorial Day

That's an interesting way to do year-round. I've been teaching 26 years, and to be honest, I think year-round is the way to go. Don't get me wrong. Having summers off (it's now down to two months) is great and all, but really and truly, the kids learn better with shorter, more frequent breaks.

10 hours ago, KursadA said:

I will definitely be there throughout the event.

As a vendor?  It will be great to finally meet you and shake your hand for all the excellent decals you’ve brought us!

-Derek 

On 3/3/2019 at 7:59 AM, viking73 said:

As a vendor?  It will be great to finally meet you and shake your hand for all the excellent decals you’ve brought us!

-Derek 

I probably will not have a vendor table, but will hang out with a few friendly vendors and help out. I will basically be there to meet people and thank them. Looking forward to seeing everyone there, even though it's more than a year away.

4 hours ago, KursadA said:

I probably will not have a vendor table, but will hang out with a few friendly vendors and help out. I will basically be there to meet people and thank them. Looking forward to seeing everyone there, even though it's more than a year away.

Let's carpool Kursad!

• 6 months later...