A few quick updates: gear doors are painted and mounted and the Steel Beach vinyl intake covers. The TCS pod is also Steel Beach.

d9mzit7.jpg

I also removed the Sparrows from the glove pylons and filled the resultant gaps. The pylons still need some sanding and cleanup before they are ready for paint.

IiinvaW.jpg

10 minutes ago, picknpluck said:

Well, this was...um...unexpected. Who knew F-14s were tail sitters?

Oh no! I never really thought about it, but the wheel base is long enough, like a phantom where I would not have thought of nose weight.

Just out of curiosity will it sit on the nose wheel if you swing the wings forward?

22 hours ago, Parabat said:

Yeah I've always had those in mind when it comes to my tamiya cat's. I'll give it a shot if I can find one at a decent price.

I agree with phantom, throw some weight into the intakes since you've got them covered anyway.

Damn that thing is looking good! I'm still trying to gather some extras before starting on mine, namely the NACA vent. Did you replace those vents on top of the fuselage with something or is that still the plastic cause they look surreal.