9 minutes ago, RKic said:

Holy cow! That looks really nice

If you're talking about the OA-4M, thanks! (well, thanks either way!) I built the Skyhawk in honor of a good friend who was once a wrench with H&MS-12.

Sweet, yeah I've actually got some extra goodies for the 2 kits I have. Furball decals, Two Mikes bang seats, Hasegawa weapons sets, I think I have some wheels,  and will be using the photo etch from the Monogram High Tech A-4E/F kit. For me it's all about just making the time, finding some space in our itty bitty apartment, and getting it done.

For my Tomcat there are some things I need Steel Beach items but also going to look at getting the True Details cockpit for the -A.

6 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Sweet, yeah I've actually got some extra goodies for the 2 kits I have. Furball decals, Two Mikes bang seats, Hasegawa weapons sets, I think I have some wheels,  and will be using the photo etch from the Monogram High Tech A-4E/F kit. For me it's all about just making the time, finding some space in our itty bitty apartment, and getting it done.

For my Tomcat there are some things I need Steel Beach items but also going to look at getting the True Details cockpit for the -A.

@john53 has the True Details pit for the Tomcat. He offered it to me but I politely declined. You should hit him up.

This reference photo shows several replacement panels that remain in their TPS colors, including the over wing panels, inner flap sections, and canopy so I worked on replicating that last night. 

fCzsw75.jpg

ONLURzj.jpg

9AENB23.jpg

DmI3HJl.jpg

r5FOO8W.jpg

Is it the lighting in the in-flight picture or your pictures that makes it look like there’s two different light blues? The in-flight pic looks like it a richer color of light blue. 

I really like how you’re going through and tediously replicated the replacement panels, that’ll show a lot when done.

Weathering and paint is done along with some dullcoat. I'll have to pause here for a couple of weeks while I do some business travel. When I get back, I'll have to fix the busted seam on the left glove and spray a few more coats of dullcoat.

9TCkeyc.jpg

6zuoIEe.jpg

WssKnwX.jpg

On 8/22/2018 at 11:58 PM, Parabat said:

Very nice indeed to see this being built.

Thanks Parabat! Unfortunately, this build is going to be in a holding pattern. I just got picked up for a 30 day disaster response deployment at work. 

Hurricane Lane fizzled out to nothing and I'm back home--great news for the people of Hawaii and me too! Anyway, more updates to follow in the coming days as I try to finish this thing up ahead of the Top Gun group build.  I'll do another adversary with my Tamiya Tomcat.