Kitty Hawk 1/48 Su-27?

If they can do it better than Su-34, why not? 

Just little bit more attention to details (these rudder pedals are hilarious, missing location pins and holes here and there) and molding quality (little flash in many places).

I'd prefer 1/32 though 🙂

And? Academy is old as hell at this point and fairly inaccurate. If Kitty Hawk gets the dimensions correct even that is a win for modelbuilders at large. I am sure KH will screw something up, because that is what they do, but it would still be hard for KH to screw up so much it is actually worse than Academy.

So will it be perfect or comparable to GWH or AMK? Of course not. But if dont wildly screw it up there is still over 2 decades between the kits so it is bound to be better than Academy.

56 minutes ago, foxmulder_ms said:

It needs to be better than a certain Hobbyboss kit(s).. Academy is no longer a talking point, frankly. 

Ah yes, you are right, forgot about that line of kits. Still though, there are areas for improvement even over those kits like the LERX area, spine and landing gear doors being angled iirc. 

15 hours ago, Berkut said:

And? Academy is old as hell at this point and fairly inaccurate. If Kitty Hawk gets the dimensions correct even that is a win for modelbuilders at large. I am sure KH will screw something up, because that is what they do, but it would still be hard for KH to screw up so much it is actually worse than Academy.

So will it be perfect or comparable to GWH or AMK? Of course not. But if dont wildly screw it up there is still over 2 decades between the kits so it is bound to be better than Academy.

And?? And that's why KH will ever continue to screw thing up, why put any more time and effort into research and correcting things, when people will buy their plastic for good money anyway?

The HB kits are "ok" in my opinion. There are areas where they are really quite poor, actually. The exhausts for example, the aforementioned wheel well angle, and some of the surface detailing is purely fictional. Based n my experience with the KH Su-35, an Su-27 from them can "only" be better than the HB version. Sure, HB kits assemble well, but KH kits are more accurate and better detailed. The Su-17's are an example of that.

M

3 hours ago, Matt Walker said:

The HB kits are "ok" in my opinion. There are areas where they are really quite poor, actually. The exhausts for example, the aforementioned wheel well angle, and some of the surface detailing is purely fictional. Based n my experience with the KH Su-35, an Su-27 from them can "only" be better than the HB version. Sure, HB kits assemble well, but KH kits are more accurate and better detailed. The Su-17's are an example of that.

M

Is there a build somewhere or a list that shows what the problems are with the HB kit? I have the HB kit and at a glance it looks nice and it seems to build up to a decent representation of the Su-27. Would just like to know where the problems are and how difficult it is to correct them.

I will not rush out to buy the KH kit, when and if it arrives. If it proves to be a significantly superior model and is not torturous to build, I may consider it down the line.

On 8/9/2018 at 10:39 AM, delide said:

And?? And that's why KH will ever continue to screw thing up, why put any more time and effort into research and correcting things, when people will buy their plastic for good money anyway?

I have been plenty vocal about KH previously, time after time. Their MiG-25 kit was pure abomination for instance. However, there isnt a point to bash them just to bash them. There has been some improvement on their most recent kits like Su-35S, even with its silly issues. They might invent new issues that HB kits didnt have, but there is quite high likelyhood they will be improvement over HB kits anyway.

23 hours ago, Mstor said:

Is there a build somewhere or a list that shows what the problems are with the HB kit? I have the HB kit and at a glance it looks nice and it seems to build up to a decent representation of the Su-27. Would just like to know where the problems are and how difficult it is to correct them.

I will not rush out to buy the KH kit, when and if it arrives. If it proves to be a significantly superior model and is not torturous to build, I may consider it down the line.

There is a good thread on here that discusses the HB kit and points out its issues like the aforementioned by me above.

On 8/10/2018 at 6:02 PM, Berkut said:

I have been plenty vocal about KH previously, time after time. Their MiG-25 kit was pure abomination for instance. However, there isnt a point to bash them just to bash them. There has been some improvement on their most recent kits like Su-35S, even with its silly issues. They might invent new issues that HB kits didnt have, but there is quite high likelyhood they will be improvement over HB kits anyway.

Yes, but I only see some of us are just not excited about it, that’s not bashing and you can’t really blame them? Maybe it will be an improvement over HB more or less, I could ague that their MiG-25 was probably an improvement too,  but anyway,  so their Su-35 is OK now, I guess that’s because more and more people are getting so fed up with their kits, so they are feeling the pressure now and finally putting some more efforts, so that is good. Still I didn’t bother to look at their Su-35 and regrets I have zero. Italeri may have cowardly back out of their Jaguar project, but it seems to me that other manufactrers now have less and less regards for KH’s subjects, see the MiG-25, F-35A, Su-35, and now Mirage F1, so who knows, the chance indeed may not be that bad, that there will be an even better choice in the future, I for one will be saving my excitement and wait for other serious manufacturers to take over their menu more and more.

On 8/10/2018 at 11:02 AM, Berkut said:

There is a good thread on here that discusses the HB kit and points out its issues like the aforementioned by me above.

Found it. Thanks Berkut.

On 8/8/2018 at 12:33 PM, Berkut said:

Awesome...well said Berkut.

I agree. More than likely KH will screw up a bunch of minor stuff as they've done with their Su-35 and Su-34 kits. Thing is, unless it is very much more accurate than the HB kit, which I already have, then I probably won't consider getting it. I know the HB kit has problems, but I think I can live with them and build a decent Su-27. I've realized recently that I am getting too old to build to the level I once could and I would just like to do some of the aircraft I like before I slip this mortal coil.

The recent Kitty hawk's kits are awesome compare to before, and the SU-34 and 35 are just fine, I also have the GWH's Su-35 too, and both are great in different way. I can't wait to complete the SUkhoi's family as the SU-27, UB and the SU-30. Their next release should be the yak-130 right?