Camouflaged B-58 Hustler

I was attending the 2018 IPMS Nationals in Phoenix recently and noticed something interesting. There were three beautifully done B-58 on the table on Thursday. Two in bare metal and the third in South East Asia camo. By Saturday the camo version was moved to the "What-If" table. I have seen official DoD instructions on the color and pattern for a SEA B-58. So if there is official documentation that is was approved to be done , but may not have been done , is that still 'What-if"?

Interesting. I just read about a B-58 that "might" have been painted in camouflage on the instructions for Fox One's B-58 sheet on eBay. Here the pic of the instructions. Read about aircraft "D" (you'll probably have to click on the pic and few it on Flickr).

B-58 decal instructions

Edited by Mstor

Yes there was a TO for the scheme but as you say it was never done.

If you go to the General Discussion section there is a thread about the convention and someone there posted the contest rule about why that kit was moved.

Sure looked nicely built and painted.

There were official DoD instructions for the F-106 in SEA, but no evidence it was ever done either. The documentation exists, but no evidence outside of a couple people saying "I saw one once" with no corroboration. Yes, it's very much a "What-if?" as far as I'm concerned.