Messerschmidt Me-262A-1a, 1/48t Tamyia

10 hours ago, Joel_W said:

Janne,

Looks great, as you work is up to your usual high standards. I'm still amazed at how fast you're going through this build. 

Following builds like yours and my brother is keeping my aircraft modeling Mojo up as I'm planning on building a PBY-5A after the Lotus Type 72E crosses the finish line, but compared to you, I work at a true snail's pace.

Joel

Got this build up to speed now... we shall see what the clock stops at... lots of sanding and filling going down right now

Not really much to show for todays update...I´ve been sanding and rescribing mostly.
A chore that has to be done none the less.

IMG_4066_zps4n86c1ii.jpg

Just to have something to show I glued on the wings, they took a little tweaking to get in place but once there they just snapped into place.

IMG_4067_zpsosyeciof.jpg

IMG_4068_zpsselkktnq.jpg

Dry fitted the main gears and and engine nacells...haven´t really decided on wether to glue the nacells after painting or before painting....any thoughts on that?
Standing steady though.

IMG_4069_zpsiwboqdbq.jpg

IMG_4070_zpsunozeues.jpg

Cheers!

Janne,

Personally, I'd glue on as much as I can before I paint. I'm always concerned about the once perfect dry fit is no longer perfect due to paint build up. Also, getting some excess glue where it doesn't belong, and worse, it shows up like a sore thumb.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W
2 hours ago, Joel_W said:

Janne,

Personally, I'd glue on as much as I can before I paint. I'm always concerned about the once perfect dry fit is no longer perfect due to paint build up. Also, getting some excess glue where it doesn't belong, and worse, it shows up like a sore thumb.

Joel

Hmmm....good point

Very well..

I glued on the nacells...needed a bit of convincing.

IMG_4071_zpszljzxbqh.jpg

And the exhausts...

IMG_4072_zps0mp9uytl.jpg

Going to be a closed canopy on this... I started with glueing on the windscreen.

IMG_4073_zps5tlnompk.jpg

the rear.... 

IMG_4074_zpsichuiiy2.jpg

Now things look ready for masking for the primer.

IMG_4075_zpsldo6w1up.jpg

The foam plastic you get in eduard and Aires sets are perfect to cut into adaptable masks.

IMG_4078_zpsectvypcb.jpg

IMG_4079_zps6mrgnkks.jpg

There all ready for primer!

IMG_4080_zpsqn2mnvnc.jpg

Cheers!

Back to the 262 after editing pictures for a while 😛

It is time for paint!

I started with painting the canopy frames in XF-63 or RLM66 if you wish.

IMG_4081_zps4je8zgpj.jpg

After a bit of podering since my grey primer was finished I decided to try out this fashionable black basing technique 😄
So I painted it black...well it is Alclad black primer.

IMG_4082_zpstmqvltpa.jpg

Mottled with RLM76

IMG_4083_zpskyk8jyji.jpg

IMG_4085_zpsdkx4eqyg.jpg

The I put down thin thin layers of paint until I was happy with it.

IMG_4086_zpsioa2gsej.jpg

IMG_4087_zps1uxcghsy.jpg

Then I decided to hand paint the splinter scheme using my Iwata Micron-B...I haven´t used it in a while so I thought we´d get reaquainted 😄
I shot the light green RLM83

IMG_4088_zpstxeyxbyb.jpg

IMG_4089_zps86hacyv0.jpg

Now I´ll let it rest until tomorrow...

Cheers!

Janne,

I'm really impressed with your Black Basing. The results once the basic color coats went on really have that random fading & weathering effect. As for your Camo scheme, I'd say that your reacquaintance with your  Micron-B was well worth the effort.

Joel

2 hours ago, Joel_W said:

Janne,

I'm really impressed with your Black Basing. The results once the basic color coats went on really have that random fading & weathering effect. As for your Camo scheme, I'd say that your reacquaintance with your  Micron-B was well worth the effort.

Joel

Thanx Joel 😄

not that confident in black basing I prefer my preshade techniques to tell the truth 😄

18 minutes ago, Mr.Happy said:

Aigore,

First : Great  job on your paint work camouflage 😲👍😎

Second : What brand of paint are you using for the RLM colors

It’s coming along very nicely.

Mr.Happy (In name only)

Thanx Mr.H 😄

I use Lifecolor acrylics.

4 minutes ago, kurnass77 said:

Exquisite job my friend!

I like a lote the image with the mottled black primer...

Gianni

Thanx Gianni 🙂

I prefer my usual preshade....gray basing if you will 😛 took like forever to paint a thin paint on top of black.

Just now, Aigore said:

Thanx Gianni 🙂

I prefer my usual preshade....gray basing if you will 😛 took like forever to paint a thin paint on top of black.

I undertand perfectly and subscribe your feel.

As you know,I'm also a figure painterr and many guys prefer,especially for the 28mm miniatures,use a black primer.But the painting process took almost double time to be finished.

And even worst with the airbrush;I'm currently painting a Sideshow Hulk,and after mistakenly using a too dark green for the base,i prefer respray the whole baby (!) with Tamiya rattlecan and start shadopwing with the airbrush,more simple and more quick!

Gianni

Janne,

Decaling looks great. From the little I know about Me262s, they really took a beating out in the field. Restores aircraft look brand new. So the decision is really up to you as to the type of aircraft you want to display.

Joel