Great Wall Hobby Mig-29 decals

I haven't used the Mig-29 ones yet. however I used their F-15 ones more than once (F-15J and C). F-15 and Mig-29 ones look like they are the same quality. They are very very good printing/color wise. However, the application requires setting solutions. With Tamiya decal solution (the weak one) my experience was good. The larger decals fit to the rivets etc very nicely. Small data stencils are a little bit more visible (no silvering just the carrier film is visible) but after a thick coat of future and following matte coat you cannot see them readily. I think for smaller data stencils the "stronger" tamiya may work better.  

Edited by foxmulder_ms

Thanks for the replies. Just the information I needed.

The Mig-29 9.13 is the kit that I have, so good to know.

Janissary...great result on your Mig-29!!

And every other model in your completed builds list.!!! Great photography as well!!

Bob

Edited by Bob Beary

Before the solution, i go over the panel lines and rivets to score and pop the decal over those details. Then i try Solvaset. If that does not work, I carefully use generic lacquer thinner applied only to the sections that need conforming. 

Yesterday I decaled my 9.12 early type. Decals were a little on the thick side. Not at all thin like aftermarket. I used Walther’s Solvaset, and it took 5, 6 or even 7 applications to get some to conform. I wasn’t pleased too much with the kit decals. I’ve had Tamiya decals work better. Hopefully you have better luck. 

Overall the 9.12 turned out ok.