1/32 Tamiya F-15C Aggressor

Gents,

While I wait for my modeling mojo to return in the fall when things cool off outside and I get back to the bench, here's some pics of my most recent completion after almost 2 years of work.  These were posted previously at LSP, but I thought I'd share them here as well for those of you who don't frequent that site.  The modifications and changes to the kit are too many to mention and will likely be in a future modeling magazine, so I'll stick to just pics of the completed model.

A few comments to go with the pics:

1)  I took several pics of this exact Eagle at Nellis AFB during 3 different air shows and it was always spotless- even the tires were shiny.  As a result, the weathering is minimal to match the real deal, other than a little staining on flaps and rudders that are common to all F-15's.

2)  The main landing gear on F-15C's toe out quite a bit, as evidenced by the last pic in this first post, so this is normal.

3)  "Bay 5", behind the cockpit, is usually green, but F-15's built from 1980 on are white.  As a result, this one (80-0010) is also white.

Now the pics:

K1Da0Q.jpg

zUA0rO.jpg

J70oHC.jpg

TWyZMo.jpg

eGyFxB.jpg

bjTLbu.jpg

pzw9VH.jpg

G9tvik.jpg

3ar4vS.jpg

Al3pac.jpg

Edited by chuck540z3

It was a pleasure to follow along with this build Chuck.  I believe we are cut from the same cloth with our OCD for attention to all the details and, we all know how this aspect can add lots of time to a project but, so worth it in the end. Once again you've proven your mastery of plastic and all your hard work and attention to detail is very apparent.

Steve

Thank you everyone for your kind comments.  I really appreciate them all and it’s always my goal to improve my modeling skills with every new build.  Having said that, this model may be my ceiling for improvement, as my eyesight and dexterity slowly deteriorate with Father Time.  We’ll see what happens with my Spitfire!

Cheers,

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Awesome..Magnificent.....many other superlatives!

What are you working on now Chuck?

Thanks guys.  My next build is at the link below:

Right now, I’m not doing any modeling as I try to enjoy the last days of summer before the snow flies.

Cheers,

Chuck

• 1 year later...

Chuck your Aggressor Eagle is simply magnificent :worship:  and congratulations to another FSM publication, I can't wait to get my hands on a copy!  I read the WIP cover to cover and your construction and problem solving skills are both inspirational and somehow intimidating at the same time.  Being away from the hobby for 6+ years, this thread was a great memory refresher... and I will be reading the rest of your threads through and through as well.  

:cheers:

/Jesse