Metric drill bits

Need some practical experience here .  I have  quite a few drill bits , including the micro bits. in thousands measurements

All these have been useful since I mostly build 1/72 with a 1/48 kit now and then . I am however considering a couple of 1/32  in the near future .

Ok, now to get to the root of the problem . The last two or three kits ( mostly Japanese ) like prop shafts and axles were in metrics .

I am looking to purchase some metric drill bits . I need a good place to acquire a descent set that won't break the bank but have the necessary assortment of sizes for modeling.

Any recommendations ? 

Cheers, Christian

Sorry , I did not mean that the difficulty was in computation. My calipers will do that .

However , Japanese made models ( for one ) use sizes that are definitely metric. So, for that purpose it would be easier to have  some correct drill bits.

Same as having metric wrenches and figuring that  9/16"  & 14  MM are compatible .

Regards, Christian

Thanks Richard . I support that idea . The problem comes in because there is no place around here to pick one up when I need it and I have yet to develop a sense of what is needed .

Considering the price of the individual bits and multiple shipping   charges, it might be more  beneficial to get a set . I have noticed the sets  vary in range . I need to figure out what the practical range  ( for me)  might be.

Regards, Christian 

Thanks for all the inputs . Some pricey stuff  .

As much as I love carbide bits, those are rather pricey and of course  easily destroyed.

The jury is still out as to what sizes might be needed , so any personal knowledge would be appreciated . No point in buying things that will not be needed .

Might have to contact Drill bit city when I figure out which is needed. He is just happy to build sets to meet a customer's needs .

Cheers, Christian

Thank you everyone for your inputs . After looking in a lot of different places , I have decided on the Meng set.  I think it will be a good place to start as it includes the majority of Albion tubing that I use . 

That will get me in the game for now . I will add more latter if necessary. 

Unassembled Unpainted Model Accessory

Regards, Christian 

Edited by Chris L