Building a Hornet for a plane captain... Need help!

I reconnected with an old high school friend who was in the navy from 2006 - 2010. Turns out he was a plane captain in VFA-137. He had his name painted on the jet - very cool! If possible,  I'd like to build a model for him using the 1/48 Revell kit. The problem looks like there are only aftermaket CAG decals available. Did anyone make a low vis sheet?

thanks for your help!

19299201447828898116.jpg

Aeromaster's 1/48 sheet 48-561 will get you pretty close. Base airplane is a lo-vis 137 bird off the Connie in 2001. Granted the Connie was gone by 2006, but aside from finding a suitable carrier name from the right time period (Lincoln?) and the crew/PC names, you should have a pretty good jumping-off point. The air wing and the "flying butt cheek" tails are right for the time... Hope this helps!

EDIT- Just realized these are Super Hornets at that time... Still though, the tails and other squadron data from that sheet cobbled together with a 137 Super Hornet sheet would REALLY get you close. Short of that, I don't know off the top of my head of any other lo-vis tail decals around for a 137 jet.

Edited by Neeko

Thanks Neeko, thats a ton of help. I didn't think about looking for baby hornet decal sheet as a starting point. I'll pick up the aeromaster sheet and see what I can do with it. I've also picked up the TwoBobs CAG sheet as it was during his time frame on the boat as well, but I hope it will be a backup option.