Looking for an accurate aftermarket copy of the Stencil SEU-3/A ejection seat that was used by the USMC in the AV-8A's for my Monogram kit. I am fully aware there are several Stencel S-III-S (SJU-4) made in 1/48 and some manufacturers even advertise these as for the -A models however that is incorrect. Anyone have any ideas or should I just tinker with improving the kit seat?

49 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Close but unfortunately not.

I don't see better option. For instance the Pavla seat...

s-l1600.jpg

... has a stretched headbox as the Stencel variant used in the AV-8B but it isn't good for the AV-8A IMHO.

From what I've been able to determine the major difference between the seats is the -3 had a face curtain.  Other than that they look almost the same.  Also if your building an A model Harrier the first 89 aircraft were equipped with Martin Baker seats, from the 90th aircraft onward they were equipped with the Stencil seat.  All were eventually retrofitted with the Stencil seat.  In my research I've noticed if a Harrier has full color unit markings then it usually has the Martin Baker seat.  By the time low vis markings became the norm they are equipped with Stencil seats.

All of the images I have seen for any of the aircraft depicted by Kursad's Caracal AV-8A Harrier decals show that they had the Stencel seat. You can clearly tell it was the Stencel by the over the head pull cords at the top of the headrest.

b1_seu_er.jpg

The middle seat pictured here is the AV-8A Stencel SEU-3/A seat. The one on the right is the Stencel SIIIS-3 (SJU-4/A / SJU-13A / SJU-14A derivatives). There are a few notable differences in the two, one main one being the canopy breakers at the top of the headrest for the latter seat.

I agree with Laurent. Buy the seat he's suggesting and then using photos from different angles make the required modifications.

Have you visited "scalemates.com" to see which company's seats they suggest for the AV-8?