F-15C/E exhausts 1/48 by KA models

34 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

Aaron,

I wouldn't wait until there was a US distributor to get one of these. They're going fast! You should really secure at least one ASAP!

They're worth every quid.

True! And the shipping cost from the48ers.com is not that bad. 

Thanks guys. F-15 C/D/E/K P&W exhaust nozzle set (opened) for Academy/Revell/GWH is now on PRE-ORDER status @ 12.5% off and estimated shipping date of Sept 28 (we will aim for earlier). https://the48ers.com/se-f-15-c-d-e-k-p-w-exhaust-nozzle-set-opened-5182.html 

Btw, we are working for much cheaper shipping fees in the short term (-25% for Europe and -20% for RoW). More soon

Edited by Ilias

KA Models' website is now listing GE exhausts for F-14s and F-15SG/Ks. They also have an F-35 exhaust listed. The GE exhausts look OK but I am not sure about the curvature of the external petals. I think the F-35 exhaust is not quite there either. Not up to the F-15 PW exhaust's level.

I have a set of the closed nozzle.  I am using it to attach the Hasegawa turkey feathers for an F-16 in-flight display.  It's not all that simple though as they have to overlap in the correct direction and also have to have a slight curve imparted to them, which can be done by placing the PE turkey feather on a hard, flat surface and rolling a 13mm socket over it repeatedly. 

After spending many hours of life inspecting, removing, replacing, climbing inside of, troubleshooting, operating, drilling, moving, opening, closing, and any other adjective I'm forgetting; these aftermarket nozzles for the 15 are awesomel!  And the most accurate so far!

Edited by BoeingDriver
2 hours ago, BoeingDriver said:

After spending many hours of life inspecting, removing, replacing, climbing inside of, troubleshooting, operating, drilling, moving, opening, closing, and any other adjective I'm forgetting; these aftermarket nozzles for the 15 are pretty bad fool!  And the most accurate so far!

But could you tell us what you really think about them? :whistle:

Edited by Mstor
3 hours ago, BoeingDriver said:

After spending many hours of life inspecting, removing, replacing, climbing inside of, troubleshooting, operating, drilling, moving, opening, closing, and any other adjective I'm forgetting; these aftermarket nozzles for the 15 are pretty bad fool!  And the most accurate so far!

Did you buy the nozzles only or the burner tube as well?

8 hours ago, BoeingDriver said:

The nozzles initially, but waiting on the kits w/the augmenter liner.

I think a few of us will be interested in your take (mostly myself) on the seam situation with the liner.  Thanks for telling us what it actually called.

3 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Thanks for telling us what it actually called.

I still going to call it a "burner can" though, augmenter liner sounds too awkward. Burner can rolls off the tongue. :naughty:

1 hour ago, foxmulder_ms said:

they look great but are they fragile? say compared to resin ones? 

They appear to printed using a resinous plastic type material. It is quite rigid and hard. I have not tried stressing the product as I don't know how much force is required for it to break. Its detail is so fine and the rods from the petals to the outer ring are so thin that it appears fragile but I think it will bear up to careful handling. Most resin F-15 nozzles are fragile too once assembled. I am afraid we won't know exactly how strong or weak the material is until someone manages to break one, heaven forbid.

I can say the F-14 exhausts are definitely stronger than resin. The Aires exhausts are often fracked and the outer lip petals break easily (and most sets I've bought are broken in the package) The KA pieces are strong, super detailed and worth it. 

Brian

On 8/22/2018 at 2:53 PM, BoeingDriver said:

After spending many hours of life inspecting, removing, replacing, climbing inside of, troubleshooting, operating, drilling, moving, opening, closing, and any other adjective I'm forgetting; these aftermarket nozzles for the 15 are awesomel!  And the most accurate so far!

And speaking of F-15's Lucky Model just listed the new F-15E from GWH for pre-order. Take a look at the image below..

http://img.luckymodel.com/default.aspx?item_no=GW-L4822#

3 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

And speaking of F-15's Lucky Model just listed the new F-15E from GWH for pre-order. Take a look at the image below..

That does look nice, though the F-15E has never sparked my interest. Plain old dark grey. Meh...

4 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

I wonder if they fixed the known issues?  Rear cockpit CB's, the bay area behind the back seat where the canopy actuator and cabin pressure regulator goes, and the HUD doesn't seem right.

7 hours ago, BoeingDriver said:

I wonder if they fixed the known issues?  Rear cockpit CB's, the bay area behind the back seat where the canopy actuator and cabin pressure regulator goes, and the HUD doesn't seem right.

It will still be better than anything previous though? I have the GWH F-15I and thought the HUD looked odd at first from photos, but once I checked the part it looks good. My goal is to do a current upgraded Strike eagle with the APG-82 radar and other tidbits.