F-15C/E exhausts 1/48 by KA models

14 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

It will still be better than anything previous though? I have the GWH F-15I and thought the HUD looked odd at first from photos, but once I checked the part it looks good. My goal is to do a current upgraded Strike eagle with the APG-82 radar and other tidbits.

It is better than what's out there.  I like the rivet and panel detail.   

On 8/24/2018 at 6:20 PM, Mr Matt Foley said:

And speaking of F-15's Lucky Model just listed the new F-15E from GWH for pre-order. Take a look at the image below..

http://img.luckymodel.com/default.aspx?item_no=GW-L4822#

Thanks for the link.  Disappointing to see the C model sensors above and below the radome on the built up model pictures.   🤦🏼‍♂️

Steve

7 hours ago, Falconxlvi said:

Thanks for the link.  Disappointing to see the C model sensors above and below the radome on the built up model pictures.   🤦🏼‍♂️

Steve

That is what I was referring to. I'll have to check my F-15I this morning. I don't recall those being part of the mold and if this is new for the F-15E mold, it is disappointing.

16 hours ago, Falconxlvi said:

Steve

If that is indeed the case, stick w/the "I".  It's nothing more than an "E" anyway.

2 hours ago, Falconxlvi said:

Yes indeed.  I just want the GBU-39s and racks offered in this release.

Eduard and Skunkmodels make them and I think one of the Meng weapons sets include them.

26 minutes ago, strikeeagle801 said:

Where are you guys finding these on E-bay? I looked the other day and could not find any. I'm looking for the ones for the Revell/GWH kit without the burner tubes.

Aaron 

Google KA Models

39 minutes ago, strikeeagle801 said:

Where are you guys finding these on E-bay? I looked the other day and could not find any. I'm looking for the ones for the Revell/GWH kit without the burner tubes.

Aaron 

Hey Aaron,

You won't be disappointed with them once you find them......they're amazing.  I've ordered several of the closed sets so I can finally model an Eagle with the gear up haulin a__!

1 hour ago, strikeeagle801 said:

Aaron 

Looks like the e-Bay vendor is out of the Revell/GWH nozzle only sets. I have been buying them direct from KA-Models. It is actually the least expensive way. Lawrence, the owner, is swamped with orders so it could take a while for him to fill an order, but he is a good guy and always comes through. The48ers also stocks them but they too are out of the Revell/GWH nozzle only sets, but they have a discount on pre-ordering them. Same with Hobbyeasy. Seems these nozzles are extremely popular and selling like hot cakes.

• 3 months later...

I've been searching the Internet to no avail, so I think I might as well ask you here:

Would it be correct to build an F-15A with these outstanding featherless KA exhausts? They're too good not to use them on my Monogram kit.

If not; how about an F-15A going through maintenance? After all, it was the reason why the turkey feathers were removed on the -Cs.

Cheers,

Onigiri 

2 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

I've been searching the Internet to no avail, so I think I might as well ask you here:

Would it be correct to build an F-15A with these outstanding featherless KA exhausts? They're too good not to use them on my Monogram kit.

If not; how about an F-15A going through maintenance? After all, it was the reason why the turkey feathers were removed on the -Cs.

Cheers,

Onigiri 

In USAF service, all F-15's had their Turkey Feathers removed in the early 80's. It would be correct to build an F-15A without them after this time.

Cheers,

John

5 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

The reason, as it was explained to me, was a safety of flight issue.  The unique shape of the F-15 aft fuselage created a disruptive turbulence across the ‘feathers’ that fatigued the fasteners, with several instances of them departing during flight. 

If it were truly a maintenance issue they would have removed them from F-16s as well.

3 hours ago, CF104 said:

In USAF service, all F-15's had their Turkey Feathers removed in the early 80's. It would be correct to build an F-15A without them after this time.

Well, awesome then! Thanks a lot, John. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Grindcore said:

I ordered my sets from Hobby Easy, one came really smashed up.  Hobby Easy told me to take a photo of it, they forwarded it to KA and then they replaced it for me..

They look awesome, but are fragile.

Wow... the 3D-print bit comes in a sturdy box; then it's inside the box it was shipped in, I guess. :hmmm:How come it arrived to you all smashed? Some postman must have tripped and fell right over the box, or Ace Ventura brought it to your home by kicking!

The KA bits are stronger than the regular resin exhausts. Mine fell to the floor when my girl was inspecting them. No harm on them whatsoever.

1 hour ago, habu2 said:

The reason, as it was explained to me, was a safety of flight issue.  The unique shape of the F-15 aft fuselage created a disruptive turbulence across the ‘feathers’ that fatigued the fasteners, with several instances of them departing during flight. 

That's what I was told as well; feathers falling on some people having a barbecue several thousand feet below... Ouch

Cheers,

Onigiri

Just an FYI, KA Models is now making 1/48 exhaust nozzles for F-4 early and late that are supposed to fit both Hasegawa and Academy kits. In the sets with burner cans, the can body itself is now one piece instead of the two halves we saw with the F-15 and F-14 sets. He's also making a set for the SR-71. As usual, they all look very impressive.

http://ka-models.co.kr/?product_cat=148&paged=4

Edited by Mstor
12 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Just an FYI, KA Models is now making 1/48 exhaust nozzles for F-4 early and late that are supposed to fit both Hasegawa and Academy kits. In the sets with burner cans, the can body itself is now one piece instead of the two halves we saw with the F-15 and F-14 sets. He's also making a set for the SR-71. As usual, they all look very impressive.

Oh, I did not need to know that. (Looks at stack of F-4 kits in the stash.) Time to sell off more kits from the stash. Maybe a kidney, too.

Ben

34 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Right, KA Models just released 8 sets for the F-4 Phantom. For A/B/C/D/N or E/F/G/J/EJ/S, Open or Closed nozzle as well as with or without the afterburner.

7 minutes ago, Ilias said:

Right, KA Models just released 8 sets for the F-4 Phantom. For A/B/C/D/N or E/F/G/J/EJ/S, Open or Closed nozzle as well as with or without the afterburner.

Yes, and they will soon be available from The48ers.com! :thumbsup:

28 minutes ago, Ben Brown said:

Oh, I did not need to know that. (Looks at stack of F-4 kits in the stash.) Time to sell off more kits from the stash. Maybe a kidney, too.

Ben

Tell me about it. I really can't afford any right now and I still have a number of Aires sets, but I know that at some time in the future I will break down and buy some.

Hi, Mark! :wave:

13 hours ago, Mstor said:

Just an FYI, KA Models is now making 1/48 exhaust nozzles for F-4 early and late that are supposed to fit both Hasegawa and Academy kits. He's also making a set for the SR-71. As usual, they all look very impressive.

Wow, $38 + $38 + $80 for the F-4F, F-4J and the SR-71 nozzles = $158. Guess my girl's sexy costume of Major Motoko Kusanagi I've promised her for Xmas will have to wait 'til next payday...?

Cheers,

Onigiri