F-15C/E exhausts 1/48 by KA models

1 hour ago, Doppelgänger said:

Hi, Mark! :wave:

Wow, $38 + $38 + $80 for the F-4F, F-4J and the SR-71 nozzles = $158. Guess my girl's sexy costume of Major Motoko Kusanagi I've promised her for Xmas will have to wait 'til next payday...?

Cheers,

Onigiri

Hey Onigiri,

Now, now. Keep the lady happy first, then get the nozzles. Sometimes we have to make sacrifices, but not for too long. :naughty:

Cheers,

Mark

5 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

Wow, $38 + $38 + $80 for the F-4F, F-4J and the SR-71 nozzles = $158. Guess my girl's sexy costume of Major Motoko Kusanagi I've promised her for Xmas will have to wait 'til next payday...?

Cheers,

Onigiri

Forget the nozzles!  And we want Pics!

22 hours ago, Mstor said:

Hey Onigiri,

Now, now. Keep the lady happy first, then get the nozzles. Sometimes we have to make sacrifices, but not for too long. :naughty:

Cheers,

Mark

Hmmm... I don't know; perhaps will I sound a wee bit dweeb if I told you that sometimes getting this sort of modelling stuff will make me happier?

18 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Forget the nozzles!  And we want Pics!

Bwaaahahahahaha...!!! :rofl:Dunno we would be allowed to post that kind of pics on here anyways, Matt.

9 hours ago, Mstor said:

Watch out. Batou might have something to say about that :gun:

Yes, and I'm afraid the Batou in question would be my girl's paps... :chain-gun:

Cheers,

Onigiri

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Stinger16 said:

Back to one of the previous questions.  How well do they fit.  Any cutting, grafting etc.  I have a 1/48 gwh f-15e I want to use these for

Will try to fit them on the GWH kit this weekend. Will post some photos. 

On 12/8/2018 at 7:53 AM, Doppelgänger said:

Cheers,

Onigiri

I love ghost in the shell. So I feel you! 😉

From what I see while assembling the GWH F-15 series is that there is a distinct advantage in buying the full nozzle kit with the augmentor tube (I learned that term from one of our resident F-15 Ground Crew). The GWH Eagles do not have any detail in the tube and they do not seem to mate up well with the nozzles. You'll double the price, but if your looking for that eye candy I think it may be well worth it.

On 1/17/2019 at 3:28 PM, Doppelgänger said:

Well, yeah. I forgot to tell you that my better half finally got her costume, which means I didn't get my KA Models fix.  :crying2:

Yea, but, the Major dude! I mean, Wow! Some things are worth the sacrifice :naughty:

On 1/21/2019 at 10:30 PM, Stinger16 said:

Any luck playing around with them burner cans

thanks

Hello Stinger. I was so busy with the Viper book I have just found some time for the dry fit. As you can see from the photos the fit is almost  perfect. The outer diameter of the KA Models ejector nozzle measures 24.08 mm and the diameter on the GWH kit measures 24.35 mm. There is a 0.27 mm difference! That is negligible. However, this is what I suggest to the folks that wish to have an accurate model. Trim the outer ring of the resin nozzle and thin the inner surface of the fuselage shroud so that the ejector nozzle gets in the fuselage. You may need to extend the length of the aft ring of the resin a bit. This is how the engine is installed in the real jet. Many thanks to my friends at the https://the48ers.com/ for sending me the KA Models exhausts a few weeks ago! 

zxD2xhb.jpg

yydrxk7.jpg

3FMb9df.jpg

87eJE6R.jpg

me3tbEm.jpg

DNaGgVM.jpg

3 hours ago, EagleAviation said:

Hello Stinger. I was so busy with the Viper book I have just found some time for the dry fit. As you can see from the photos the fit is almost  perfect. The outer diameter of the KA Models ejector nozzle measures 24.08 mm and the diameter on the GWH kit measures 24.35 mm. There is a 0.27 mm difference! That is negligible. However, this is what I suggest to the folks that wish to have an accurate model. Trim the outer ring of the resin nozzle and thin the inner surface of the fuselage shroud so that the ejector nozzle gets in the fuselage. You may need to extend the length of the aft ring of the resin a bit. This is how the engine is installed in the real jet. Many thanks to my friends at the https://the48ers.com/ for sending me the KA Models exhausts a few weeks ago! 

zxD2xhb.jpg

yydrxk7.jpg

3FMb9df.jpg

87eJE6R.jpg

me3tbEm.jpg

DNaGgVM.jpg

Thank you.  Looks good to me

• 2 months later...