Tamiya Tomcat yet again

I'm not sure if its kosher to post WIPs that are in external blogs, on here. If not, then please delete, mods. 

In the meantime. Those who want to see yet another Tamiya tomcat being built, can follow along on my blog. I'm about 75% of the way through. Here are a few highlights.

IMG_20180814_210926661_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180802_220449217_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180729_184926920_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180807_222742494_HDR.jpg

Please leave comments and constructive criticisms. 

Here is the link https://wordpress.com/view/rkicbuilds.wordpress.com

If the mods allow me to keep this thread running, I'll post subsequent updates here. 

Edited by RKic
  • 2 weeks later...

RKic,

Man you are kicking :monkeydance: good sir👍

I too am working on the Tamiya Cat and I’m trying to or attempting to model it as a hi-viz VF-1 Wolfpack line bird. I’m dreading the masking on the nose as it has a yellow Radom tip to it and Tamiya does not give you a cheetline to follow....yikes😲🙄 Yours looks outstanding ‼️

Excelent work:smiley-transport006:

Mr.Happy (In name only)

40 minutes ago, Mr.Happy said:

. I’m dreading the masking on the nose as it has a yellow Radom tip to it and Tamiya does not give you a cheetline to follow....yi

Thank you, sir! 

The radome starts about 19 mm ahead of the first vertical panel line (not the slanted line where the nose cone attaches, but the one right behind it. 

I know that isn't great help, but place some pencil marks 19 mm ahead of the line around the cone, and it will give you something of a rough guide. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments, guys. 

They say that slow and steady wins the race. But THEY (whoever they are) probably never ran such a long race. The race is becoming dreadfully boring. I'm determined to finish, but I'll just take a little nap first....

IMG_20180916_210328653_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180916_210230198_HDR.jpg

More update photos on the blog. Click Here

3 minutes ago, crackerjazz said:

Yes splendid work, RKic!   What's your method for weathering the white undersides?

just some greyish brown enamel wash. I describe it a bit in the link.