Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
Peterpools

Looking for: !/32 Academy F-16I Sufa exhaust

Recommended Posts

Trying to find a resin AM exhaust for the Academy F-16I Sufa. The Sufa is a Block 52 aircraft with the P&W  F100-229 engine witn the NSI intake. Not sure if one was ever available.

Thank you

Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I looked at GT resin listing _ Spru Brothers but the exhausts were not the correct ones. I've been looking and think I found a set of exhausts that look like they will do the trick from KASL. Still doing a bit of research

Much appreciated

Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The KASL one is a P200/220 version. Not sure what the visible differences are myself.

Edited by Mstor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Sprue Bros. has it in stock:

 

The pic of the exhaust parts in the listing shows a large bubble in the resin of the part where the nozzle mounts to the airframe (not sure what to call it, but if you look close you can see it) . Not a good advertisement for ones product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going with the GT Resin Burner as it is for the P&W 229 engine. Not exactly sure either what the differences are but being for the exact engine, it's my best choice

Thanks guys for all the help.

Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Pep said:

KASL one is really good! I think it might be available directly from these guys

 

http://www.hobbyworld-usa.com/Store/index.php?id_product=2428&controller=product&search_query=Kasl+f-16&results=49

 

I'm cautious with KASL. I bought their nose correction for the Mirage 2000D and it was exactly the same as the kit itself. Wasted cash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Going with the GT Resin Burner as it is for the P&W 229 engine. Not exactly sure either what the differences are but being for the exact engine, it's my best choice

Thanks guys for all the help.

Peter

 

Curious to hear how the actual parts look...There's been some reviews online that have noted serious issues with their quality control. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AnthonyWan said:

 

Curious to hear how the actual parts look...There's been some reviews online that have noted serious issues with their quality control. 

 

As I mentioned in my post, all you have to do is look at the picture posted on Sprue Brothers. It shows a large bubble in one of the castings. That piece should not have passed QC much less been one chosen as an example for a product listing online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mstor said:

 

As I mentioned in my post, all you have to do is look at the picture posted on Sprue Brothers. It shows a large bubble in one of the castings. That piece should not have passed QC much less been one chosen as an example for a product listing online.

I know right? 🙂

However, so many people on Large Scale Planes have only good things to say about that line of products, so maybe I am missing something. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, mine had 2 small bubbles which were fixed with very little effort. Nothing similar to the SB photo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t save them all Anthony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...